Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• September 20, 2018, 10:08:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gourmand seems unneccarily bad  (Read 1176 times)

Davetlow

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Gourmand seems unneccarily bad
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2018, 11:40:18 PM »

I am really happy to have brought this lengthy discussion of the trait "gourmand" to Ludeon Studios Forums, and I think we had a good discussion here, and we've at least decided that gourmand is really bad to horrible, especially on a starting character and considered whether or not this seems appropriate to us, not just if it's survivable, because most of the commenters seem to clearly think they can deal with it.  I am happy we came to some general consensus and hope some developers give this a look and get some insight as to what people think of this new feature.  We're at a long 3 pages if not just starting 4 now, so that's really a good amount to read about gourmand.  I hope it is also helpful for this great games development.

Babuchas

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »

Is it normal that they go on food binge even when att 90-100 mood? I thought that was just if on low mood, but 15 days into the game a gourmand pawn has gone on food binge 3-4 times, always att 90-100 mood. Is that normal?

vzoxz0

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »

Gourmand is a perk I consider along the same lines as Pyromaniac. I will never accept a colonist with that perk. It's totally worthless.

5thHorseman

• Colonist
  • 300+ hours so maybe not quite a newbie anymore?
    • View Profile
    • HMV Plays on YouTube!
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2018, 12:43:19 PM »

Is it normal that they go on food binge even when att 90-100 mood? I thought that was just if on low mood, but 15 days into the game a gourmand pawn has gone on food binge 3-4 times, always att 90-100 mood. Is that normal?
Sadly, yes it is normal. 3-4 times in 15 days is excessive but they can food binge at any time. Pyros can light fires at any time, too.

It's one of the more annoying things about already annoying taits.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
Rimworld Stories - A multi-storied story of my Rimworld play

Davetlow

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2018, 03:37:51 PM »

Yeah, it's like they're more likely to do it if they are in distress, but can elect to set fires/food binge as a recreational activity.  I don't know but assume they choose to do so less if there are more fun things to do available.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]