rip predators

Started by CoolDud55, August 29, 2018, 06:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolDud55

I live in a jungle. There are predators in the jungle. When they got hungry, they attacked turtles and plenty of capybara. They all died of blood loss, I even saw a panther die after eating a turtle. Right now, the jungle I live in is full of corpses of dead cobras and maybe a panther or two. There was a panther that survived the blood loss, but then died of an infection. Anyone else seeing this?

diamondthree

watched a turtle go "1v1 me m8" at a grizzly bear. turtle got the last laugh

this is not a joke

5thHorseman

Well most of my colonists' injuries are from rabbits so it seems about right.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Nafensoriel

Have you ever been attacked by a turtle?

They are seriously badass little pricks who are more stubborn than donkeys when they want to be.

Rimworld turtles are just some genetics experiment gone wrong in turtle war machines.

deshara218

I've had i don't know how many armed colonies lost to a single manhunter squirrel. I pity the predators who eat other animals for a living

vampiresoap

Haha you wimps need to start making armors for your colonis..."gets killed by raging turtle of death"

Kirby23590

Who would win?

A lynx vs a little rat?
Spoilers! The rat wins!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Kirby23590 on August 29, 2018, 10:39:35 PM
Who would win?

A lynx vs a little rat?
Spoilers! The rat wins!

In my experience the Lynx wins.

Then dies to blood loss 8 hours later and my colony wins because lynx is far more tasty than rat.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Lowkey1987

My predators are mostly fine. I would say 5% die after hunting.
I have a close eye on the wildlife tab. Because a dying predator is an easy meal.

Awe

Predators die to blood loss from missed parts(like tail) pretty frequent. Because such blood losses doesnt stop without treating and lone animals cant treat themselves.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Awe on August 30, 2018, 06:14:25 AM
Predators die to blood loss from missed parts(like tail) pretty frequent. Because such blood losses doesnt stop without treating and lone animals cant treat themselves.

Hey not my fault they didn't check self tend.

erdrik

Quote from: Awe on August 30, 2018, 06:14:25 AM
... from missed parts(like tail) pretty frequent. ...
I do see a lot of missing tails actually. Thinking back, 3 of the last 4 games I spotted multiple predators(per game) missing tails. Mostly from deer, rams, or other similarly size prey. I don't even check on the wild life that often, and still I recall seeing it frequently.

EDIT:
Though what we consider "too frequent" may be skewed by our ability to check on the wild life in an omnipresent manner.

zizard

Pretty annoying when you have trained haulers that can hunt. If they lose their mouth their manipulation goes to zero and you can't fix it.

vampiresoap

Quote from: zizard on August 30, 2018, 08:36:55 PM
Pretty annoying when you have trained haulers that can hunt. If they lose their mouth their manipulation goes to zero and you can't fix it.

Well, you can at least get some simple meals out of it.