Deep drilling is not enought

Started by Hydreos, August 29, 2018, 10:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydreos

Hello guys, I think that getting 7 plasteels for every portion drilled is so annoying and slow... who is with the same view ? Do you have any other trick to get plasteel ?

vampiresoap

Mechaniods usually give way more plasteel in my opinion. Late game you'll literally be swimming in it.

5thHorseman

I buy every advanced component (and most components) and piece of plasteel that shows up at my door or in orbit. I buy them with jade statues and parkas that I make in bulk.

The parkas are more to train people up so they can make advanced components, than they are as trade. But I made 'em so I'm selling 'em.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

zizard

It's to make sure you use the LURMS.

Ser Kitteh

I don't mind current deep drilling mining, I just wish there was a faster way to drill stone chunks. It shouldn't take as long as drilling plasteel to drill a bunch of rocks to make bricks!

Awe

I just stop to drill for plasteel after this nerf. Its easier to grow something to sell and buy it from traders or scan with LRMS.

Hydreos

Quote from: vampiresoap on August 29, 2018, 10:23:19 PM
Mechaniods usually give way more plasteel in my opinion. Late game you'll literally be swimming in it.

Well, i'm at mid game. I hope I would survive until late game and see that swimming pool of plasteel !

Quote from: Awe on August 30, 2018, 06:18:47 AM
I just stop to drill for plasteel after this nerf. Its easier to grow something to sell and buy it from traders or scan with LRMS.

Yeah, i'm thinking the same.
Thanks for replies !

Perq

Caravan-mining is a thing now. Build long-range scanner and send your guys to mine the stuff. You'll get about ~400-500 per map.

TBH plasteel should be premium mineral that isn't that easy to sustain. Otherwise there is little point in playing in late game, since you're swimming in it.
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

RemingtonRyder

Personally, I went for the Set Up Camp mod which allows you to create mining camps. A low-tech solution for colonies which haven't got far along the tech tree.