[Mod] Futter [Alpha 7] Meals Update

Started by generalcrusher, November 09, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalcrusher

This mod adds 15 new foods to grow and harvest.
All of the food plants now take considerably longer to grow, but also yield considerably more food.
Growing time is 1/4 of real growing time.
The longer the plant takes to grow, the more food it will yield. (Obligatory solution until I have figured the meal recipies out)
The goal of the mod is to provide a more realistic and more difficult food situation.
   Foods added so far:

• Blueberries
  • Beans
  • Broccolie
  • Strawberries
  • Barley
  • Cucumbers
  • Carrots
  • Potatoes
  • Cabbages
  • Corn
  • Rye
  • Lettuce
  • Celery
  • Tomatoes
  • Wheat
  • Onions
Unfortunately I'm not an artist, so the textures for the Foods are just obligatory placeholders. (Im working on the textures for the plants tho)

Changelog:
Version 0.2

• Instead of simple meal order, added salad, meat, and vegetarian meal order. (food stove cooking orders)
  • salad can only be cooked out of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and paprika for balancing reasons. (lettuce and cucumbers grow so quickly that it would be the ideal food to grow)
  • all 3 new cooking orders produce a simple meal
  • fine and lawish meal tweaked so that they require more food
  • nutrient paste meal nerfed (now -12 bad thought when eating and can stack up to 5 times) to encourage cooking, and to balance out lettuce and cucumbers.

Planned Features:

• Better Meals to Balance out the food.(Done!)
  • Better Traders to make it possible to grow food as a main source of income
  • Better Textures for plants and foods
  • More Foods
  • Realistic nutritional values for the foods
  • Add wild plants

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Vas

I shall try this out when it grows a little, aka has more textures in it and such.  :P  Sounds good though.  I'll put it in the list of mods to keep an eye on.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

harpo99999

had an issue where the carrots (on ONE hydroponic table) produced so much food in a couple of game days, the three (total 4 colonists) poor farmers were spending all their time harvesting and planting ONE table out of the 10 and 4 large outdoor grow zones till I changed the crop of the carrot table to strawberries.
you might want to check the grow time for the carrots as they seemed to be maturing almost as soon as they were planted

mipen

Looks good! Maybe a picture to show off the different plants? I'm always a fan of mods that add more variety and depth to the game

generalcrusher

Quote from: harpo99999 on November 10, 2014, 05:00:15 AM
had an issue where the carrots (on ONE hydroponic table) produced so much food in a couple of game days, the three (total 4 colonists) poor farmers were spending all their time harvesting and planting ONE table out of the 10 and 4 large outdoor grow zones till I changed the crop of the carrot table to strawberries.
you might want to check the grow time for the carrots as they seemed to be maturing almost as soon as they were planted
Thanks for telling me. Gonna look into that and update accordingly.

MisterLock

Any chance of you making this compatible with T's mod?Pretty sure it adds more food to and I want to try this out but compatibility issues ya know?Don't wanna risk.
To each his own.

generalcrusher

Quote from: MisterLock on November 10, 2014, 07:34:34 AM
Any chance of you making this compatible with T's mod?Pretty sure it adds more food to and I want to try this out but compatibility issues ya know?Don't wanna risk.
There should be no compatibility issues, but the foods of "T's mod" would probably be overpowered, as they would probably grow much quicker than the plants of my mod.

generalcrusher

Quote from: harpo99999 on November 10, 2014, 05:00:15 AM
Now fixed. Thanks for telling me.