[MOD] (Alpha 5) Mechanical Defense v0.3.5 --FIXED (by Haplo)

Started by mipen, June 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puch22

Quote from: godbyelol on July 10, 2014, 05:13:57 AM
Figured it out, apparently i had to research the Pneumatic picks also to enable them so now its working almost, when i load a saved game, i recieve like thousand error logs, and rainbow screen :p Almost every colour is filling my screen up :-) Exept from that, great mod!
New game or a old save?
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

godbyelol

Quote from: Puch22 on July 10, 2014, 05:16:16 AM
Figured it out, apparently i had to research the Pneumatic picks also to enable them so now its working almost, when i load a saved game, i recieve like thousand error logs, and rainbow screen :p Almost every colour is filling my screen up :-) Exept from that, great mod!
New game or a old save?
Old save, when i start new it works
The screenshot below is what i see when i load.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Ender

so i really love the concept, got to playing it, got everything, yet i need sand, and simply cant get it, the sand quarry doesn't seems to do anything. help?
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

godbyelol

Quote from: Ender on July 10, 2014, 09:54:59 AM
so i really love the concept, got to playing it, got everything, yet i need sand, and simply cant get it, the sand quarry doesn't seems to do anything. help?
you just mine the quarry u placed :-) Using mine tool ^^

Odious

Quote from: godbyelol on July 10, 2014, 05:44:29 AM
New game or a old save?

Yeah I'm getting colored screen every time I load too.
I've tried all sorts of things, making a new colony, saving and then loading. Bam still get the rainbow screen.
Anybody else getting this?

Puch22

New game or a old save?
Yeah, only some versions Mipen will release are compatible with old saves, so you'd have to start a new. If you really don't want to lose your set up, you could maybe use developer mode to research/replace what you lost from the previous save.
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

godbyelol

Quote from: Puch22 on July 10, 2014, 04:08:14 PM
New game or a old save?
Yeah, only some versions Mipen will release are compatible with old saves, so you'd have to start a new. If you really don't want to lose your set up, you could maybe use developer mode to research/replace what you lost from the previous save.
sorry if i dident explain good enough, it is from the new update, and i prob also misread when you asked if it was old/new save :p

Herzer

Thank you mipen! It was a problem on my end. Updated my zip program and it worked right away thank you!

Puch22

Quote from: godbyelol on July 10, 2014, 04:34:52 PM
New game or a old save?
sorry if i dident explain good enough, it is from the new update, and i prob also misread when you asked if it was old/new save :p
It's alright, also I mean when you download the mod, not the alpha update, due to some issues or what ever, you may or may not need to create a new game. If you mean the new update of the mod, it can be the same thing.

Odious

Quote from: Puch22 on July 10, 2014, 09:49:10 PM
Quote from: godbyelol on July 10, 2014, 04:34:52 PM
New game or a old save?
It's alright, also I mean when you download the mod, not the alpha update, due to some issues or what ever, you may or may not need to create a new game. If you mean the new update of the mod, it can be the same thing.

I've reproduced by starting a new colony, building some combat bots, saving, then loading.
Rainbow screen every time. Also noticed when trying to save with bots it doesn't make that beep when you save.

Ender

yep, same for me. i have tried around, and the problem stems from building a robot, once that is done, it has broken the game. if you try and load from any saves made it simply goes rainbow and unresponsive.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Odious

I've noticed when I load, the rainbow screen has actually loaded the save.
And I can see my colonist's names running around.
However where my bots were stored (right next to the colonists) was empty of names.
I think the bots disappear or aren't recorded when saving a game.

lbwarhawk

Any idea how to solve the rainbow screen problem? I have only encountered this problem since I updated the mod.
Created a new colony and it worked fine until i build my first droid.

Other than that I really love this mod it gives me another way to build my colony and all in all just makes it more enjoyable

SilentHatter

I have the same problem as the guys above. In the second picture you can see that in the list droid no colonists. I think the problem with downloading it after restarting the game. Where information is stored on the droid? Remove it from the save, to continue to play quietly. =)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Odious

It would be great if we could get some kind of acknowledgment as to whether or not rainbow screen has been noticed or is being worked on.