[MOD] (Alpha 5) Mechanical Defense v0.3.5 --FIXED (by Haplo)

Started by mipen, June 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbwarhawk

Whats worked for me now is to play the previous version of the mod and just suffer through the droids mental breaks hahaha

mipen

Sorry everyone, I've been away for a few days with my girlfriend, back tomorrow or the day after. I've read through the comments and it would seem there is a serious problem with the latest release. Is it just that one? Or are there issues with earlier ones? I'll take a look at our when I get home and get working on a fix. I have a thought it is to do with the psychology tracker of the droids

Revoke

I've also had the rainbow screen problem.   I also noticed that this bug causes something odd to happen to the save menu; when the bug is in effect, hitting 'save' doesn't close the save dialog.  The usual 'save file created' message with accompanying confirmation beep sound also does not appear.  A save file is created, but any save made in this state is corrupted and causes a rainbow screen on load.

Seems like maybe the save process is being interrupted somehow?

SilentHatter

There is a small problem - the droids tired. As if the colonists. But since they do not sleep, the notification about it does not disappear. No other effects like mental state is not.

H_D

Quote from: Revoke on July 14, 2014, 06:56:32 AM
I've also had the rainbow screen problem.   I also noticed that this bug causes something odd to happen to the save menu; when the bug is in effect, hitting 'save' doesn't close the save dialog.  The usual 'save file created' message with accompanying confirmation beep sound also does not appear.  A save file is created, but any save made in this state is corrupted and causes a rainbow screen on load.

Seems like maybe the save process is being interrupted somehow?

That's exacly what I just had, I lost all my saves from that map. It seems like older saves are unafected.

GallowsDawn

Really awesome mod, probably my favorite that I use! I would love to see us be able to put specific droids on specific recharging stations. I would also like to see a setting where we can just have them go sit on their stations until needed like a droid might do. A "deactivated" state, or something similar. Don't know how possible it is, but would be cool to have specific rooms and stations for each of my droid types.

Odious

Quote from: GallowsDawn on July 14, 2014, 07:31:59 PM
Really awesome mod, probably my favorite that I use! I would love to see us be able to put specific droids on specific recharging stations. I would also like to see a setting where we can just have them go sit on their stations until needed like a droid might do. A "deactivated" state, or something similar. Don't know how possible it is, but would be cool to have specific rooms and stations for each of my droid types.
Any problems with saving or loading?

GallowsDawn

Quote from: Odious on July 15, 2014, 04:42:59 AM

I've never had any no. Not with this mod at least.

Ender

Quote from: GallowsDawn on July 16, 2014, 05:58:37 PM
Quote from: Odious on July 15, 2014, 04:42:59 AM

I've never had any no. Not with this mod at least.

thats very weird...
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Joncomma

I'm having the rainbow screen problem as well. I think it's related to the droids or the droid building areas. I was able to load and earlier save which did not have these thing built and it worked well, but anything after building the droid was gone.
Great mod though, love the turret variety and working droids would make it perfect :)

SteelHeart

Nothing Here

The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved.

harpo99999

hopefully it is because 'he' is updating it, but I also see the same error which is preventing the download of the mod

mipen

My apologies guys, I reorganised my dropbox and forgot to update the download link. However, the mod is broken and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm going to upload the final version of the mod with the source code and anyone who wants to can look at it and take it over or do whatever with it. I've been trying to fix it for ages and nothing I try will work =[ which has driven me to abondon the project and move on

Korporal Kagger

There's a game breaking bug with the droid hub. If you set them to be for prisoners the game will completely bug out and go rainbow colors.  It gets fixed if you still have the droid hub selected and turn it back to a normal colonist bed, otherwise you're basically screwed and the best way to fix is just to load an older save.

AfroHarrison

Quote from: mipen on July 19, 2014, 09:03:39 PM
My apologies guys, I reorganised my dropbox and forgot to update the download link. However, the mod is broken and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm going to upload the final version of the mod with the source code and anyone who wants to can look at it and take it over or do whatever with it. I've been trying to fix it for ages and nothing I try will work =[ which has driven me to abondon the project and move on

I don't know what I can do, or if I have time to, but I'll look into your source code and see if I can find the bug. If not, sorry.