[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

@SuedKAT - Definitely another mod causing that because linking works fine with just ExpandedCrops enabled :)

@dismar - Thank you! That's more elegant than how I was doing things so I'll use it to replace my code. Update incoming shortly...

@123nick - Grab the bull by the horns, my friend, and try doing it yourself! I promise it's not hard. Search for and open the Defs/TerrainDefs/MoreFloorsTerrainsMetal.xml file, copy all of the FloorPlasteel data and paste it below (but before the ending </TerrainDefs> tag). Change the defName to something different, remove the <Component>1</Component> line, fiddle with everything else to your liking, save the file, and hey presto! You just started modding. :P

Telkir

Links for 1.17.2 have been updated everywhere. Pushing to Steam now. Should fix a minor oversight with ExpandedCloth where bowler hats wouldn't be covered by the "deconstruct hat" bill. Also replaced my janky patch with dismar's shiny one, as above.

ololo86

hello,
because plasteel floor uses components, then it can also breakdown?..will it need to be repaired occasionally?

Telkir

@ololo86 - No, thanks to the wonders of glitter technology, plasteel floors won't ever break down. :P

Merv

Hi. Thanks for mods. I decided to install More Floors and More Bed Vanilla.

I have the latest version of the game and mod package v1.17.2.

I can see new beds, new carpet colors, new workbench for wool floors. (btw, why does it not get buff from tool cabinets?). I can NOT see any new stone or wooden floors, jade and plasteel.

I thought it could be a mod conflict issue, so I went on and disabled ALL other mods, restarted game and started new game. Still no luck. I can see that files are there in the mod folder, I can open graphics in viewer. In-game mod description with screenshot is fine too.

I really want all those floors I see in youtube streams :) Any help is appreciated.

Update:
I loaded previous version from Nexus, and now I have another architect button - "more floors". I don't know why it doesn't work with current version, but I see that no changes were made to this particular mod between two last versions, so it's ok.

EstebanLB01

@Telkir, if the textile bench is essentially a loom, making cotton threads out of cotton fibre, why does the apparel recycling is done in that bench instead off the tailor bench where it makes more sense? Also all the apparel could be grouped into one deconstruct bill and then make the selection in the filter. BTW, all reclaimed apparel always return cloth, no matter the original material and in the ammount of %30 from the original cost.

Telkir

@EstebanLB01 - Deconstruction recipes were on the textile bench because prior to A17, I would have had to redefine the vanilla tailoring bench def to put the recipes there (which is bad for compatibility). Now we have patching, it was an oversight on my part to leave it how it is, but it's a minor issue that won't change until the next major version.

Making a single deconstruction bill that accepts any apparel item means that a hat would give the same amount of cloth as a parka, which isn't balanced. Any piece of apparel should only return a percentage of what you'd need to craft a new one.

I know how salvaging behaves and I appreciate it's not perfect - it also doesn't factor in the condition of the garment you're deconstructing, which it should. Again, for the next major update, I'll make an effort to see how other mods handle this and try to make improvements.

Canute

Currently the best deconstruction/recycle is at the mending mod.
The amount of resources are based on the HP of the items and skill of the pawn who do the job.

cucumpear

Quote from: Telkir on July 15, 2017, 05:20:09 PM
[...] because prior to A17, I would have had to redefine the vanilla tailoring bench def to put the recipes there [...]
Couldn't you also use the <recipeUsers> tag in the recipes? I'm not sure if this has always been possible, but it has been for several alphas at least and has worked for all the recipes I've made.
I hope this doesn't come across wrong, I just prefer when people tell me how to do things more efficiently (even if I feel like facepalming for overlooking the obvious) and hope you feel the same.  :)
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

Telkir

@cucumpear - You may well be right! At this late stage it's a bit of a moot point, though. :)

faltonico

Quote from: Telkir on July 16, 2017, 05:17:05 AM
@cucumpear - You may well be right! At this late stage it's a bit of a moot point, though. :)
For A18 you can use <recipeUsers> in the recipe def, there hasn't been a need to touch the core def for that since at least A15 ;)

VentroHawk

Hello, love the mods. Just came to inform you that the kitchen cupboards only work with the fueled stove, and not the electric one.

Hecter94

Quote from: VentroHawk on August 01, 2017, 04:44:34 AM
Hello, love the mods. Just came to inform you that the kitchen cupboards only work with the fueled stove, and not the electric one.

Hey, I ran into this issue too but managed to get it fixed.

All I did was edit "ExpandedCropsPatches.xml" at "SteamApps\workshop\content\294100\727124440\Patches\"
to include the following code at the very bottom of the file, directly above the closing </Patch>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
    <success>Always</success>
    <operations>
      <li Class="PatchOperationTest">
    <xpath>*/ThingDef[defName = "ElectricStove"]/comps/li[contains(@Class,'CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities')]/linkableFacilities</xpath>
      </li>
      <li Class="PatchOperationAdd">
    <xpath>*/ThingDef[defName = "ElectricStove"]/comps/li[contains(@Class,'CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities')]/linkableFacilities</xpath>
        <value>
            <li>TCupboard</li>
        </value>
      </li>
    </operations>
  </Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
    <success>Always</success>
    <operations>
      <li Class="PatchOperationTest">
        <success>Invert</success>
      </li>
      <li Class="PatchOperationAdd">
    <xpath>*/ThingDef[defName = "ElectricStove"]/comps</xpath>
        <value>
        <li Class="CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities">
          <linkableFacilities>
            <li>TCupboard</li>
          </linkableFacilities>
        </li>
        </value>
      </li>
    </operations>
  </Operation>

I don't know if that's the correct way to fix it but it worked for me.

Apposl

I must be blind *edit* Thanks for the great mods!