[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TracerFox

Hey Telkir, I had some ideas I wanted to suggest for future development of the Natural Terrain Floors mod.
First off, hopefully you can find a way to 'wildcard' stonetypes into recipes needing stone. Wonder if each of the stone types could be made to inherit from a generic stone deftype, which could then be used as the wildcard.  This is something that should've been in vanilla I think.  Having visually distinctive stone is cool, but it multiplies all the recipes where the visual type shouldn't matter.

Second, with regards to water, dirt, gravel and sand.  I think the more realistic option would be to introduce resource types for each of these. 
I know there's a couple mods which allow you to process stone into sand.  This could easily be done for NTF as well, with similar recipe for gravel.  Is it possible to copy the deftypes from these other mods so that they would be interchangeable if both mods are installed?
For water tiles, a similar approach could be taken using a 'well' building which produces water resources (Such a thing exists in Hermit's Kitchen, and I think one other mod).  Water mixed with sand/gravel could produce dirt, and water with dirt could be used for mud.

That should give you the gist of where my suggestions are going.  Hopefully the input is useful!

Telkir

Hey, thanks for the ideas! I especially agree about the non-stuffed stone floors - perhaps this will be change in future vanilla Rimworld updates, but meanwhile I can maybe learn from the work Igabod ItchyFlea has done to stuff-ify floors.

I was pretty much thinking along the same lines as you with sand, soil, and mud. The current fudge of using steel makes no sense in terms of immersion so adding in some additional resources would be ideal. I'll definitely take a look at the mods you mention and talk to the devs to see if I could paste in their stuff.

Semi-related - there won't be any update before Alpha 9, but when that hits, another priority for me is to make a significant push toward reducing any unnecessary incompatibility. I want to try and strip out the redefinitions of core defs that, with the mods in their current state, may not be needed any more. We'll see how that goes...

Igabod

Quote from: Telkir on February 15, 2015, 08:42:47 AM
but meanwhile I can maybe learn from the work Igabod has done to stuff-ify floors.

I didn't do anything to stuff-ify floors. You're thinking of Floors, Get Stuffed! by ItchyFlea probably.

Telkir

Quote from: Igabod on February 15, 2015, 10:46:06 AMI didn't do anything to stuff-ify floors. You're thinking of Floors, Get Stuffed! by ItchyFlea probably.
*facepalm* Yeah, that'd be the one, sorry. I knew there was an "I" involved somewhere.  :)

Telkir

Okay, I've just uploaded files for TMods v1.6.0, the initial big Alpha 9 update.

I've done a lot of work to try and make the mods more widely compatible by stripping out unnecessary redefinitions of Rimworld core defs. If you've used the mods before and were put off by them not working well alongside other mods, I'd ask you to give them another go and see how you get on. I don't think I can do anything to improve compatibility further within the way Rimworld modding works right now, but I'm always open to feedback!

Hope you enjoy!  ;D

gehennianviceroy

Thanks for the work you put in Telkir, downloading now. Your mods are a must have when I play.

Kolljak

Telkir

Quote from: Kolljak on February 21, 2015, 06:30:21 PM
is the natural flooring renamed in your mod pack?

Not yet, but I hope to deal with that in the next couple of days.

jabbamonkey

I went to download this from Nexus mods ... the post says v1.6 ... but the zip file is called "T's Mods (v1.5.0)-42-.zip"

Is the mod file updated?

Telkir

Yep, the Nexus download is up to date. The 1.5.0 appearing in the filename must be because of a typo I made when I was setting the file details up - I'll fix that now...

cron0

I have a problem. Seems like the Tailor's Workbench is "eating" the cloth pieces without ever producing any items.

Colonists just bring the 50 materials needed to make a t-shirt and instead of seeing them on the table (with a decreasing work needed counter and all) the material just vanishes and the colonist go on on its way to do something else. :(

cron0

Quote from: cron0 on February 22, 2015, 05:45:24 PM
I have a problem. Seems like the Tailor's Workbench is "eating" the cloth pieces without ever producing any items.

Looks like this is also occuring for other stations too (Sculptor's Table for instance). Not sure where to look to find the culprit. Any ideas?

Telkir

Quote from: cron0 on February 22, 2015, 05:45:24 PM

Colonists just bring the 50 materials needed to make a t-shirt and instead of seeing them on the table (with a decreasing work needed counter and all) the material just vanishes and the colonist go on on its way to do something else. :(

Quote from: cron0 on February 22, 2015, 10:55:05 PMLooks like this is also occuring for other stations too (Sculptor's Table for instance). Not sure where to look to find the culprit. Any ideas?

I've just done a very quick test with just TMods enabled and I can't seem to reproduce this problem. Could you let me know what other mods, if any, you're using?

cron0

Quote from: Telkir on February 23, 2015, 07:31:49 AM
I've just done a very quick test with just TMods enabled and I can't seem to reproduce this problem. Could you let me know what other mods, if any, you're using?

My mods list:

Core
EdBModOrder
EdBInterface
EdBPrepareCarefully
Icons
CyberneticStorm
Miscellaneous_HiRes
Miscellaneous_Animals
A9_LessIncidentTrolling
CentralHeatingMod
More Vanilla Turrets
MoreHair
AnimuHair
AlphaMuffalo1.6
Horrors
FloorsgetStuffed
ExpandedProstheticsOrganEngineering
T-ConditionRed
T-CoreCropTweaks
T-ExpandedCloth
T-ExpandedCrops
T-MiscStuff
T-MoreBedsCloth
T-MoreBedsVanilla
T-MoreFloors
T-MoreFloorsFF

I'm planning to do more testing tonight by trying each mod by itself and see if I can reproduce this issue. If you have any ideas (even though it's not caused by your mods) please let me know!

*Edit:* Looks like this was caused by a bug in EdB Interface and it has been fixed! https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.msg106463#msg106463

Telkir

Quote from: cron0 on February 23, 2015, 12:05:05 PM*Edit:* Looks like this was caused by a bug in EdB Interface and it has been fixed! https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.msg106463#msg106463

Ahh! I didn't notice your edit and I've been scratching my head wondering why I still couldn't find the problem with all those mods installed. But on the plus side, compatibility, woohoo! ;D

Glad this got fixed. :)