[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHare

viktoria.s

Quote from: Kolljak on October 12, 2015, 12:12:30 PM
Oh would this be to op? Glow in the dark flooring. or floor lights.
There are already a floor lights mod here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9103.0. IMHO it's quite cool  :).

Telkir

Quote from: AHare on October 15, 2015, 08:16:26 PM
How'd you get the checkerboards to work? One for each combination?

Yep, exactly that. Nothing clever or fancy (because gosh, people should know by now that I'm lazy). :)

Loki88

Quote from: Telkir on October 16, 2015, 04:21:41 AM
Quote from: AHare on October 15, 2015, 08:16:26 PM
How'd you get the checkerboards to work? One for each combination?

Yep, exactly that. Nothing clever or fancy (because gosh, people should know by now that I'm lazy). :)

If you're lazy, then I'm worse. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a bamboo flooring texture that doesn't look like crap. Its to make use of the bamboo in the vegetable garden mod. How do you make your floor textures? Especially ones that look this good!

Telkir

Blargh, the login system ate the reply I was making - but the long and short of it is "smoke, mirrors and Photoshoppery". :P

The main tricks I use are to layer other seamless textures or patterns over the one I'm working on, and set them to around 5-20% opacity. You can tweak the blending mode of that layer to make it look good. A good "disguising" layer like this can be done with the Filter > Render > Clouds tool.

In the case of the straw texture I added, I had to shrink down the original image and re-tile it a couple of times in order to get the scale right. The tiling then became quite noticeable, so in addition to the clouds as above, I took the original image and used that in the same way (blend mode "overlay" at about 15% opacity).

You could probably do exactly the same thing in free software like GIMP or perhaps even Paint.net, though I'm not really familiar enough with either of those to say for sure. Perhaps if I get the time one day I'll try to make some kind of guide showing the process I go through.

Meanwhile, I hit a bit of a hitch with the secret plan I had regarding one of the suggestions... might need a rethink, but the new juiciness will be out in the wild very soon regardless! :)

Loki88

I have gimp and an introductory knowledge of how to use it. But judging by that explanation, floor textures are a bit above my skill level. Something to work on though! Thank you for explaining it to me :)

Telkir

Okay, an update to explain what the delay in releasing the new floors is! I want to finish up and include a brand new mod into the pack, [T] Terraforming. A decent bit of the work on it has been finished already but there's still more to do.

Some folks may remember that I jumped in to try and maintain Natural Terrain Floors, a commitment that I've since been a bit lax about. Terraforming is basically my take on what NTF did (and perhaps other mods since), with slightly tweaked behaviour and some extras that folks might appreciate:

* A new recipe on the stonecutter's bench lets you turn stone chunks into piles of rubble
* Rubble can be used to build infill upon shallow water, deep water, and marsh
* A new glitterworld technology "geoforming unit" that your colony can research
* Building a geoforming unit requires late-game materials
* Use the unit to create geoform crystals, a resource used in molding your surroundings
* Construct various natural terrains to your liking
* Upgrade terrains using yet-to-be-finalised means: gravel -> soil -> rich soil

I'll try not to succumb to feature creep and release an update very "soon". ;)

dismar

Quote from: Telkir on October 22, 2015, 11:34:48 AM
Okay, an update to explain what the delay in releasing the new floors is! I want to finish up and include a brand new mod into the pack, [T] Terraforming. A decent bit of the work on it has been finished already but there's still more to do.

Some folks may remember that I jumped in to try and maintain Natural Terrain Floors, a commitment that I've since been a bit lax about. Terraforming is basically my take on what NTF did (and perhaps other mods since), with slightly tweaked behaviour and some extras that folks might appreciate:

* A new recipe on the stonecutter's bench lets you turn stone chunks into piles of rubble
* Rubble can be used to build infill upon shallow water, deep water, and marsh
* A new glitterworld technology "geoforming unit" that your colony can research
* Building a geoforming unit requires late-game materials
* Use the unit to create geoform crystals, a resource used in molding your surroundings
* Construct various natural terrains to your liking
* Upgrade terrains using yet-to-be-finalised means: gravel -> soil -> rich soil

I'll try not to succumb to feature creep and release an update very "soon". ;)

sounds VERY interesting Telkir can't wait to see!

Telkir

Alright, since Terraforming is taking longer to pull together than I expected, in the meantime here's a download for the updated 1.10.0 package of MoreFloors. Included in this new version are:

* HD wood flooring, including a new barn board floor style
* 8 new stone chequer floors (NOTE: not all styles of chequering will tile correctly with each other)
* Straw flooring made with hay

Grab the floory goodness from here!
Please note this is not a patch - you should delete your old T-MoreFloors folder before unzipping this one. You may end up with errors otherwise.

Enjoy, and stay tuned for the full 1.10.0 package soon! :)

Trilogy070

Heyas, I don't usually run mods and have a feeling I am overlooking something or did something wrong;

When I unzip to the mod folder and go into the game menu and select the "More Floors" mod, start a new game and try to use the stone floors patterns they are not shown as an option, the wood floors are there, I have not looked at carpet yet (have not researched carpet in the one I just started with this mod enabled yet), is there a research item or something particular I should do before the stone floors are available, or did I do something wrong from the time I unzipped?

Any input would be appreciated.

Tekuromoto

I'm not 100% certain, but I seem to remember that you need to unlock stonecutting first.

f0xh0und696

in the misc set, you have a scrap wall, how about a floor to go with it?

thundercaller

[T] MoreFloorsFF v1.9.1 is not compatible with Glitter Tech and Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering after colonists installed advanced bionic legs because of PathCost in defs.

Any colonists with  advanced bionic legs walking on floors that increase movement will cause bugs. Colonists will stand still , Exception drawing error , IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. The image of the colonists would disappear.

Could you please test it. I've ruined two weeks and dozens of saves to find this bug. I thought it was the incompatibility of  two bionic parts mod. Sad.

I think there are some limitations of speed in the game.

Telkir

Quote from: thundercaller on November 25, 2015, 08:16:39 AM
[T] MoreFloorsFF v1.9.1 is not compatible with Glitter Tech and Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering after colonists installed advanced bionic legs because of PathCost in defs.

I very much appreciate you putting the time and effort into testing this and letting me know. Apologies for any trouble caused. Looks like you have this same problem with the base Fast Floors mod too, which is what I'd expect - but not sure I can offer a great deal of help to fix this...

Although I'll certainly try to test this out and confirm it for myself, to get the same feature without using PathCost would probably require a DLL, and unfortunately that's not something I can do myself at the moment (lack of time and skill). Perhaps there are clever folks in the community who might be able to take a stab at that? Try asking in the Rimworld Slack if you didn't already.

Meanwhile, I know it's not a real solution if you're used to floors buffing walk speed, but the only thing I can say is to just go back to using the standard MoreFloors for the time being.

thundercaller

Quote from: Telkir on November 29, 2015, 03:43:45 AM
Quote from: thundercaller on November 25, 2015, 08:16:39 AM

I very much appreciate you putting the time and effort into testing this and letting me know. Apologies for any trouble caused. Looks like you have this same problem with the base Fast Floors mod too, which is what I'd expect - but not sure I can offer a great deal of help to fix this...

Although I'll certainly try to test this out and confirm it for myself, to get the same feature without using PathCost would probably require a DLL, and unfortunately that's not something I can do myself at the moment (lack of time and skill). Perhaps there are clever folks in the community who might be able to take a stab at that? Try asking in the Rimworld Slack if you didn't already.

Meanwhile, I know it's not a real solution if you're used to floors buffing walk speed, but the only thing I can say is to just go back to using the standard MoreFloors for the time being.

Thank you so much for replying. I've removed FF and just used MoreFloors instead of MoreFloorsFF.