[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faythe

I love your mods, just what I want without all the extras.  I tried to add grass as a grow-able with your mod mainly because I dislike all the extra machines that the garden mod has (though that may change once I get to more late game situations.) But I was unable to add it.  I find myself with my critters eating all the grass in an area and then it doesn't regrow.  Being able to plant grass in such areas will be a big benefit to play-styles in the early game.  I understand that haygrass may feed them better in the long run but I keep running into situations where I can't keep enough hay to feed them in the meantime. And planting haygrass to make up for that loss of grass is lackluster cause the critter will eat it before it is even half grown.  So maybe adding grass as a grow-able but not a harvest-able would be a benefit to the mod.

Vas

Quote from: Telkir on June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM
[T] ExpandedCrops :: Expands and refines the fruit and vegetables your colonists can grow.

[T] ExpandedCloth :: Tweaks the game's cotton and cloth system.

If you want to make your mods compatible with mine, simply change the thingClass to "Vas_Plants.VasPlants".  E.G. : "<thingClass>Vas_Plants.VasPlants</thingClass>" and what this does is it makes this plant grow 24/7, day/night (so long as it has light).

I've already done so for you but I am unlikely to continue doing so in the future as I have enough to manage on my own.  :P  It is however a one line change in each of your mods as I am seeing thus far so.
ExpandedCrops Hydroponics Compatibility: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30270697/rimworld/T-ExpandedCrops-VHydroCompat.zip
ExpandedCloth Hydroponics Compatibility: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30270697/rimworld/T-ExpandedCloth-VHydroCompat.zip

You can add these to your main page info (the areas I quoted), even using my links for this current version of the game.  This is for compatibility with my mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14192.msg147792#msg147792
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Grimandevil

Quote from: Faythe on January 17, 2016, 01:42:00 PM
So maybe adding grass as a grow-able but not a harvest-able would be a benefit to the mod.
u can plant some flowers, they're non-harvestable, and will act like a grass.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Faythe

I am getting an error when I add back in T - ExpandedCloth mainly cause the garden mod  (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0) doesn't have the feature to be able to break down clothing as your mod does. I'm going to post this both here and in Dismar's mod.

Kolljak

Does anyone know if any of these mods are still compatable with rimworld after 13? like the terrain floors.

Telkir

I'll be sorting out an A13 update of TMods sometime "soon", but not sure if I can guarantee it being in time for this weekend (sorry folks). I'll see what I can do. It may well be that you can use MoreFloors from A12 but *I haven't tested this at all* - I just know it's the mod that's least likely to break. :P

Topper

25wes25

Take your time Telkir, but can't wait till the mods are updated! Keep up the great work, I find your mods to be some of the best enhancements to the game, subtle, vanilla, and yet add a perfect level of depth.

Telkir

Okay folks, the full A13 update is here with some juicy new content:

T's Mods v1.10.0
* Updated to and balanced for Alpha 13
* ADD: NEW MOD - [T] Terraforming allows better control of the terrain around your colony
* ADD: MoreBeds - colours for plain double beds and update royal beds to new vanilla style
* ADD: MoreBeds - put beds on same altitudelayer as walls to fix draw order in certain placings
* ADD: MoreFloors - add eight styles of chequered stone floor in various combinations
* TWEAK: ExpandedCrops - lettuce rot time decreased to 7 days

As a new addition to my mods, Terraforming may not be very well balanced (and I know for certain it's likely to be highly incompatible with any other mod that fiddles with Core terrain defs). If you use it I'm eager to hear what you think :)

And please remember: Enabling Terraforming means you will need to create a new world and start a colony there to properly get the stuff it offers. Loading a save from a world that wasn't created with Terraforming enabled will result in spontaneous sandification of water.

This release was probably the most time spent on an update yet, so hopefully nothing is too broken, but be sure to say if you find bugs. Enjoy! ;D

skullywag

Floors floors floors floors, floors floors floors floors, denenenenenehhhhhhh floors
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

LumberingTroll

No stockpile option for most of the gowables, potato, rice, tomato etc. Didnt have any issues before activating this.

Telkir

Quote from: skullywag on April 14, 2016, 05:22:03 PM
Floors floors floors floors, floors floors floors floors, denenenenenehhhhhhh floors

Floorsfloors, floors floors flooooooooooooooooooors

Quote from: LumberingTroll on April 14, 2016, 07:02:28 PM
No stockpile option for most of the gowables, potato, rice, tomato etc. Didnt have any issues before activating this.

Not sure I can find what you mean. With just TMods installed, stockpiles seem to handle crops fine:

Are you using any other mods?

Quote from: joshwoo69 on April 14, 2016, 07:12:45 PM
cool!  But.. where is the 24h plants?

You'll have to wait for Vas to update his Hydroponics+ mod. :) Once that's done you should be able to use the compatibility versions of ExpandedCloth and ExpandedCrops alongside it. The download is just underneath the link to the main pack on the first post.

Quote from: MeliaElentari on April 15, 2016, 01:06:49 AM
Thank you! I love the new beds!

Thank you for the kind words!

And indeed thanks to everyone who clicked to check out this mod - the thread just broke 100,000 views! Wooooooooo! :D

dismar

Quote from: LumberingTroll on April 14, 2016, 07:02:28 PM

This was an issue inside my mod that changed a core plants def. base.  So if you used core defs for stockpile plants it did not assign a category.

I've since found the errors and change my coding so now it doesn't effect core bases.

Sorry about that Telkir!