[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

Updated to Alpha 15 - downloads available through Dropbox and the Nexus. Adding compatibility downloads next, then I'll push everything to Steam.

Terraforming is pretty much as ready as I can make it, but it now requires CCL, so I can't release that yet until the CCL team do their thing. Sorry! Hopefully it won't be long. :)

subarctic_guy

Telkir

@subarctic_guy - Yes, as you found, the only place that I keep old versions is on the RimWorld Nexusmods site.

I've just uploaded v1.12.1 to Dropbox and the Nexus, reverting some XML trimming I had done a couple versions back. This should mean better compatibility. It also fixes the "joy > 0 with no joy kind" console error in ExpandedCrops.

MisterVertigo

Will the new version of Terraforming be able to remove marsh, shallow water, and deep water? I think I read that a few mods that did this in the past were unable to in A14. I'm just curious if this is something that will still be an issue with A15. The vanilla pumps are FAR to inefficient. It would take me decades to build my base how I like it if I had to wait for the pumps to drain the water.

Thank you!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Telkir

Quote from: MisterVertigo on August 31, 2016, 03:52:01 PM
Will the new version of Terraforming be able to remove marsh, shallow water, and deep water? I think I read that a few mods that did this in the past were unable to in A14. I'm just curious if this is something that will still be an issue with A15. The vanilla pumps are FAR to inefficient. It would take me decades to build my base how I like it if I had to wait for the pumps to drain the water.

Yes - you'll still be able to create rubble from stone chunks at the stonecutter's bench, then use that to infill any watery terrain.

Thanks to CCL I hope that the implementation will be much less hacky, and more compatible than before. :)

Telkir

Bleh, double post time!

If you downloaded the compatibility version of ExpandedCrops for Vegetable Garden since the update a few hours ago, it had the "BuildingBase" def in two places resulting in an XML error. Oops! ::)

You can either go into Defs / ThingDefs / ExpandedCropsBuildingsMisc.xml and manually delete the definition for BuildingBase, or just redownload the zip and overwrite the files.

Serenity

Are the beauty values for the stone and wood floors all the same?

Kairon156

ExpandedCloth: I'm currently gathering mods for my next colony and I'm wondering if I can choose the color of cloth when making cloth on the textile bench because otherwise I don't see a need in adding a step between harvesting cotton and crafting clothes.

Alert lamps: I want to use a mod called P-Music. The creator said they wanted to have the music change when there's a battle going on and stuff. I was wondering if you could contact them and see if there's a way they can use the same "magic" you did for your alert lamps but with playing background music.

Telkir

@Serenity - the added wood floors all have 0 beauty. Stone floors have between 0 and 2 beauty, with some styles needing more blocks per tile to build than others.

@Kairon156 - cloth dyeing at the point of processing isn't something I think "fits" - to me it's logical that dyeing the cloth would come as an additional step. Sorry! As for alert lamps, I'll upload the current source code behind that and the P-Music team are welcome to pick it apart for anything that might be helpful.

Serenity

Thanks

Is it by design that cotton fibers need to be refrigerated? I think they are difficult enough to deal with just by adding the extra step.

CrazyCoco

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to assign an outfit category based on the alert level from the threat sensor?

So for example, dude is in 'Anything' outfit mode, a raid triggers the threat sensor and the alert lights, it switches him to the 'Soldier' outfit.

Telkir

Quote from: Serenity on September 11, 2016, 09:19:10 AM
Thanks

Is it by design that cotton fibers need to be refrigerated? I think they are difficult enough to deal with just by adding the extra step.

Yes, you're probably right in that the rot time for raw cotton is too short right now and I'll lengthen it on the next update, but I don't want to remove that aspect entirely. It's an organic material, so rotting should happen if you keep it lying around for too long. :)

Quote from: CrazyCoco on September 11, 2016, 11:44:18 PM
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to assign an outfit category based on the alert level from the threat sensor?

So for example, dude is in 'Anything' outfit mode, a raid triggers the threat sensor and the alert lights, it switches him to the 'Soldier' outfit.

It's a nice idea and I can't see any reason this wouldn't be possible, but at the same time, it would need C# magic that's beyond my skill. :(

Telkir

The version of MoreFloors available in the download here and on Steam currently has a bug: if you activate the mod and then load a vanilla A15 save, it will turn all gold ore on the map into blueprints of a specific type of floor added by the mod (marble / sandstone chequer slabs).

Although I did work out a fix some while back, I didn't want to patch this on the Workshop because any folks who used this floor would see them turned into sand when they next loaded their save, no doubt causing confusion. Instead, you can follow these instructions to apply the fix.

* Using a text editor of your choice, find the MoreFloorsTerrainsStone.xml file. It will be in one of two locations, depending on whether you use Steam or not, as follows:

Non-Steam:
<Your RimWorld Folder>/Mods/T-MoreFloors/Defs/TerrainDefs/MoreFloorsTerrainsStone.xml

Steam:
<Your Steam Folder>/steamapps/workshop/content/294100/725623521/Defs/TerrainDefs/MoreFloorsTerrainsStone.xml

* Inside the file, search for "FloorStoneChequerMarbleSandstone" and change it to "FloorStoneChequerMarbleSandstone2".

* Save the file.

You'll now be able to activate MoreFloors and have it work correctly with any vanilla RimWorld save.

Be aware that as I explained above, loading a save that already contains marble / sandstone chequer slab flooring will see it turned to sand. You can fix this by activating developer mode in the game options, turning on God Mode through the button at the top of the screen - second icon from the right, it looks like a face - then building replacement flooring as normal. You'll see it will appear instantly and won't need materials or colonists to construct it. After finishing repairs, you can turn God Mode off again and deactivate developer mode.

This fix is only for RimWorld A15. A14 and below aren't affected, and hopefully this won't happen again in A16. :)

Beathrus