[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

I've updated the Dropbox download link with a single-file tweak - it struck me that after Shinzy adjusted the scrap metal wall graphic of T-MiscStuff for me a couple of weeks back, I then promptly forgot to actually include it... ::)

To save you downloading 10MB just for that file, you can download this WallScrap.png and use it to overwrite:

<RimWorld>/Mods/T-MiscStuff/Textures/Things/WallScrap.png

Steam Workshop users will get the fix automatically.

Awrawra

I have an issue. I notice my colonists are deconstructing apparel with any %, even when I set on bills to deconstruct, for example, 70% or less, they are still deconstructing 71% or more.

neco37

I made a Korean language pack for your mod.
Can you add this to your mod?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

asquirrel

Telkir

@Awrawra - I'm not seeing that problem with just ExpandedCloth activated. This seems to be a conflict with another mod you are using. If you can give me more information on what other mods you're using (and your load order) then I can check this further.

@neco37 - Yes! I'd be happy to include it in the next update and give you credit in the OP. If you package the files up and give me a link then I'll get that added.

@asquirrel - Vegetable Garden already adds virtually everything in ExpandedCrops. To answer the question you asked, I don't know of any compatibility problems, but really I'd recommend that you just use one or the other and not both.

asquirrel

Oops. I am running both vegetable garden and expanded crops.  I use vegetable garden though because it has soil reclamation.  One thing I noticed though is that I can't seem to minify my fueled stove.  Maybe it's a conflict?

Awrawra

Quote from: Telkir on June 23, 2017, 09:09:14 AM
@Awrawra - I'm not seeing that problem with just ExpandedCloth activated. This seems to be a conflict with another mod you are using. If you can give me more information on what other mods you're using (and your load order) then I can check this further.

http://imgur.com/uvhlU9w

This is my mod list. I tried change the load order, but even like that I'm still having issue. Don't know which mod is conflicting.

Telkir

@Awrawra - I spent a while over the last couple of days downloading mods and getting my RimWorld to have the exact same load order as yours. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to replicate the problem.

How I am testing:
* Run RimWorld and ensure all mods are activated
* Turn on developer mode in Options
* Start a new colony - pick any location / starting colonists
* Activate god mode
* Place a textile bench from ExpandedCloth
* Use debug action "Tool: Try place near thing..." to create some apparel near the bench (I picked button-down shirt)
* On the textile bench, add a "Deconstruct shirt" bill and click the "Details..." button for it
* Change the allowed hit points slider to any value less than 100%
* Run the game for a while - none of the spawned shirts are taken to be deconstructed
* Return to the bill details screen and change the allowed hit points slider to 100%
* A shirt is taken and is deconstructed

From checking your mod list I would offer a few observations:

* You have both MoreBedsCloth and MoreBedsVanilla activated. You only need one. Read the mod descriptions to figure out which you want to keep.
* You have both Glitter Tech and Glitter Tech (No Surgery) activated. Again, you only need one.
* I'm seeing several errors on startup - see this pic - though none appear to be fatal - do you get the same?

Awrawra

Telkir, I'm so gratefull you are trying to help me, and I'm sorry for the trouble. About your questions:

Yesterday, I realized the only issue I'm having is with shirts and pants. The others pieces are without any problem. Also realized there are new types of shirts and pants (added from a mod I don't know which is) called patched shirt (i.e patched labrador skin shirt) and legs (same as shirts), and they can't be deconstruct. Maybe this is the origin of my problem.

About the duplicity of mods, I realized my mistake. Thank you again, I removed the unnecessary mods, like both you said. And yes, I have a lot of errors on startup.

SuedKAT

I noticed that you removed the stove, must say that quite liked having two different stoves in my giant kitchens, any particular reason or was it just more convenient? Also now that you've removed the stove is there any reason for the kitchen cupboard to remain since from what I recall it ain't linkable to the regular stove.

Telkir

@Awrawra - No need to apologise :) I'm happy that we're finding the true problem! I can't check which mod adds the patched shirt just now but I'll take a look at that tomorrow and see what I can find.

@SuedKAT - Up to A16, the Model T stove was the best way of maximising the compatibility of ExpandedCrops. Without a separate stove I would've needed to redefine the vanilla stove definitions, and any mod that did the same thing would immediately create a conflict - whichever mod was loaded last would "win".

With A17, XML patch operations can append new recipes onto vanilla workbenches in a completely conflict-free way - my added stove wasn't needed any more, so it got the chop.

If you check it yourself, you should find that kitchen cupboards are definitely still useful because they now link to both types of vanilla stove. :)

animagus_kitty

Dunno if I've already said this, but T, you're a god.

Also, I was definitely talking about you in the Rimworld discord last week--going on about how fantastic MoreFloors was. ^_^ free advertising

SuedKAT

Quote from: Telkir on June 26, 2017, 07:12:03 PM
@SuedKAT - Up to A16, the Model T stove was the best way of maximising the compatibility of ExpandedCrops. Without a separate stove I would've needed to redefine the vanilla stove definitions, and any mod that did the same thing would immediately create a conflict - whichever mod was loaded last would "win".

With A17, XML patch operations can append new recipes onto vanilla workbenches in a completely conflict-free way - my added stove wasn't needed any more, so it got the chop.

If you check it yourself, you should find that kitchen cupboards are definitely still useful because they now link to both types of vanilla stove. :)

I see, I fully understand the change then, think I however will do some tinkering to get it back (noticed it was still in the texture folder) to get it back since it looks kinda neat to have in my massive kitchens ;)

Will have to check the kitchen cupboard as well.

Edit: Nope, can't line the kitchen cupboards to anything, might be something conflicting perhaps but can't recall ever being able to link them to anything other than the T-Stove.

dismar

Hello T, I wrote a little extended patch for the fueled stove in that rare case two people wanna use link-able Facilities. can be expanded to other things as well.

D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

123nick

hey, can you make a variant of plasteel flooring- like, plasteel tiles or decorative plasteel flooring, that doesnt cost the component?
it doesnt have to be dirtproof or sanitary like plasteel flooring but just somethign extravagant to floor peoples rooms with. id do it with the normal plasteel flooring but that component cost would kill me