[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

I've added the files to ModDB - you should be able to download them there without registering an account. Hope this helps!

Update on beds with cotton: Hopefully Tynan will update the core graphics download with the new bed texture (since it was changed slightly in A5). Once that happens I can crack on with the plan I mentioned earlier for more bed colour variety, and optionalising the cotton requirement.

BetaSpectre

When I use Better Crops and Cotton it seems as though industrial ships stop selling wood and uranium. Didn't test this out to make sure if this mod was the issue but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Telkir

Ah, yes, this would be the fault of Cotton.

I think I'm right in saying there's no way to get the vanilla trading ships to trade in modded resources except by overwriting their Core definition, which is what I did with cotton. Trouble is that if more than one mod you're using does this, only the changes from the mod that's loaded last will take effect.

I can and will fix this in the next version by creating a separate trader dealing in cotton, but the drawback is that the more types of trader you have, the less chance there will be of a specific one appearing, turning it into a bit of a lottery. Personally that's not to my taste - but nothing to be done about it for now :)

JKTD1919

Compromise would be having the cotton trader deal in some of the other goods as well, so it makes less of a burden.

Just please no Slave Traders who Buy Cotton. That may be a bit much.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

StorymasterQ

This mod could use the Base Mod. Or, actually, the Base Mod could add cotton so this one shouldn't have to change any trading ships.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Telkir

Updated to mod version v1.1.0.

Included a new submod, ConditionRed, that adds alert lamps that glow in a colour suitable to the level of threat your colony is currently facing. You must build a threat sensor somewhere in your colony for the lamps to work correctly.

Buffed cotton production so it wasn't so grindy - you can now produce up to 3 cotton cloth per job if your colonist is skilled enough in Crafting.

Fixed industrial trader conflict with other mods by moving cotton cloth to its own trader kind, the haberdashery ship. In addition this trader should stock around twice as much cloth as that useless industrial did before.

Enjoy! Any feedback and suggestions you can offer are always welcome. :)

EDIT:
Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 09, 2014, 10:14:12 PM
This mod could use the Base Mod. Or, actually, the Base Mod could add cotton so this one shouldn't have to change any trading ships.
Yeah, perhaps it could, although I don't really think cotton has quite the same flexibility as new ore types (which is what the Base Mod seems to be concentrating on). For now though I went with the separate trader route for simplicity's sake.

theapolaustic1

I really like this mod, the cotton adds a nice level of emphasis on crafting early on that previously wasn't exactly there. I just updated to 1.1, I'll have to see if the increased gains are noticeable. It was pretty cripplingly slow previously (mind you, I'm playing with the High Population Storyteller, so I have a lot more ground to cover with carpets and a need for more beds than I'd need with a normal storyteller).

Regarding integrating it with the base mod: You're forgetting that this is only alpha 5, there's not much use for cotton yet. That doesn't mean we won't need it later! Crafting clothing (and other gear, when that's added) would certainly have a justifiable need for cotton, and even if Project Armory doesn't end up adding more clothes, there certainly will be future mods that do so. Having cotton already in the base mod for them would be helpful then. I'm sure other applications could appear as well.

Telkir

A teaser of the upcoming [T] MoreBeds / CottonBeds:

All your bed-related interior design fantasies can soon come true. ;)

Howeln

I make a slight tweak to your bed recipes.  (have to say, I love the cotton aspect added to the game.  I think having a ton of craft materials makes the game a bit craft oriented (such as when planks were in there), but some basics are needed...metal, wood, cotton....

I use some metal (frame/springs), some wood (headboard/std bed frame), cloth for sheets, and raw cotton for stuffing.

I personally like this balance, though it may take a little time on occasion to get everything due to the number of items.  I also drop the royal metal need, due to the added items.

Telkir

Huzzah - v1.2.0 is now ready and includes MoreBeds / CottonBeds! Five new colours for both normal and royal beds, and the cotton requirement is now optional for those who just want the new colours with the vanilla material requirements.

Probably the last update for a little while - I'll get back to the drawing board and think about what else to add, if anything.

@Howeln - glad you're having fun! Yeah, cotton fibre for mattress / pillow padding for the bed recipe makes a lot of sense - I might try that on my files and see how it plays...

Edit: Ach, knew there was something else. Forget my head if it wasn't screwed on. A huge thanks to those folks who've taken the time to endorse on Nexus / rate on moddb - it's appreciated!

Heimdall81

Hi there,
i have just dowloaded the mod and it´s amazing !!  but i have some problems with the pictures in the building menu from the bed´s someone any idea how to fix this issue ?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
"Ehre deine Ahnen, gehorche deinem Koenig, trage deine Waffen mit Stolz, fuerchte keinen Feind, hasse die Gruenhaeute, misstraue den Elfen und du kannst nichts falsch machen."

GallowsDawn

Quote from: Heimdall81 on July 17, 2014, 07:22:21 PM
Hi there,
i have just dowloaded the mod and it�s amazing !!  but i have some problems with the pictures in the building menu from the bed�s someone any idea how to fix this issue ?

I'm having the same problem!

Heimdall81

After reloding the mod and restarting my computer the Problem is gone it is working now. Thanks for the great mod !
"Ehre deine Ahnen, gehorche deinem Koenig, trage deine Waffen mit Stolz, fuerchte keinen Feind, hasse die Gruenhaeute, misstraue den Elfen und du kannst nichts falsch machen."

Zack_Wester

Can I require an item?
Tents. or more clearly Cottonwall. insanely quick to build low health next to no cost, no repairing. dont carry power,
and an tent door that let light throw(if possible) door cost nothing.
Really the first thing stranded people do is put up an tent not an wood/metal/stone wall.

Telkir

Quote from: Heimdall81 on July 17, 2014, 07:22:21 PM
Hi there,
i have just dowloaded the mod and it�s amazing !!  but i have some problems with the pictures in the building menu from the bed�s someone any idea how to fix this issue ?
Sorry for the slow reply!

I've experienced this problem myself in testing though I can't reproduce it consistently so I don't know what causes it. As you found out, the best thing is to quit and reload your game - that generally does the trick.

Quote from: Zack_Wester on July 29, 2014, 02:11:54 PM
Can I require an item?
Tents. or more clearly Cottonwall. insanely quick to build low health next to no cost, no repairing. dont carry power, and an tent door that let light throw(if possible) door cost nothing. Really the first thing stranded people do is put up an tent not an wood/metal/stone wall.
That's an interesting idea. The trouble is that when your colonists first crashland, they have no way of producing cotton cloth from grown fibre - and growing the fibre in the first place takes time. In terms of progression I'm not sure it makes much sense.

Perhaps instead we could consider a "rough metal fence" which is simply made of a thin metal patchwork. Like you suggest, it wouldn't transmit power. Like this:

(Source: link)

If someone could provide the art for something like this then I'd certainly add it. Unfortunately my drawing skill doesn't extend that far... :)