[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrykbono20

Reaper

I am using ttm and I can't find your carpets, but in god mod i can build them. i researched cotton making!! From ttm and couldn't find your carpets.

Telkir

@Reaper, maybe a silly question, but did you also have Carpet Making researched?

mrofa

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on September 05, 2014, 01:44:59 PM
I think my trouble are fromthis mod:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2541.0
"Clutter" is in a Superior Crafting

You shouldnt use  clutter if your using T`s mods, since he did integrate clutter in his mod.
All i do is clutter all around.

Patrykbono20

Reaper

Quote from: Telkir on September 17, 2014, 02:00:47 PM
@Reaper, maybe a silly question, but did you also have Carpet Making researched?
yes, I find it humorous you ask but then again this is the internet......and it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out someone derped as such. ( i also have all reasheach but some ship ones right now)

TTM changes the requirements for the research, mabey it just doesn't include your carpets in its definition?  But then again i don't know much about modding.
The research could either unlock the carpets or the carpets could be research dependent.(not sure of the mechanism) Your wood and stone floors work fine.

Telkir

Aye, fair play, I just wanted to get the obvious out of the way first :)

I'll install TTM and see if I can find what's going on.

Telkir

Sorry for the double post.

Quote from: Reaper on September 17, 2014, 05:01:36 PM
TTM changes the requirements for the research, mabey it just doesn't include your carpets in its definition?  But then again i don't know much about modding.
Aha, yes - I checked this out and I see what's happening; TTM removes the vanilla "Carpet Making" research node, which my carpets are linked to. Because the research node is gone, there is no legitimate way of getting the new colours / patterns. :) Fortunately this can be fixed pretty easily!

1. Open this file in Notepad: <Your Rimworld Folder>/Mods/T-CottonCarpets/Defs/TerrainDefs/MoreCarpetsTerrains.xml

2. Find and replace all instances of CarpetMaking with BasicFurnishing. Save and close the file.

3. Load Rimworld and make sure that the T-CottonCarpets mod is loaded last, after TTM. Go into the Mods menu, untick T-CottonCarpets, then tick it again. Lastly, click "Close" to exit the Mods screen. If you don't, the default red, green, and blue carpets will require metal instead of cotton cloth (and they'll be out of order in the Floors architect tab which is mildly annoying :D).

You can skip step 3 if you are using MoreCarpets instead of CottonCarpets. Hope this helps!

On a semi-related note, with alpha 7 and its pretty big changes around the corner, my mods are probably going to need some rewriting. Unless people would prefer otherwise, I think for simplicity's sake I'll be bundling all my stuff into a single mod, rather than several. It'll make it easier to manage for both myself and for the folks who use it, and I'll hopefully be able to release a dedicated TTM compatibility version that integrates my added content at the correct nodes of Minami's research tree (as well as doing stuff like making the new wooden floors require wooden planks, and so on).

Reaper

Igabod

Love the mods. Very nice additions. One thing I noticed is the royal beds no longer display "Unowned" or "Colonist Name" like the smaller beds and the original Royal bed do. Only way to find out if there are any available beds is to click on them each individually and read the info panel that pops up. This is only a minor inconvenience though. As I said, I love all of the mods in this pack.

Telkir

Hey, thanks - glad you enjoy using them. :)

That's an odd bug - for whatever reason I never seem to get around to building royal beds in my own games so that didn't get tested very well. I'll check into it and see what I can find as I get everything updated for A7.

Telkir

Update for alpha 7 is now available through Nexus and MediaFire! Many tweak, fixes, merges and other general shenanigans have taken place, but the overall function of the mods remain pretty much as they were. See the news at the top of the first post for details.

The one main feature added is the introduction of recipes on the tailor's workbench that you can use to deconstruct unwanted pieces of apparel into cloth. Handy for upgrading sleeping spots in the early game - kill some raiders, grab their clothes, and snicker-snack - cloth!

@Igabod - not sure whether it was anything I did, but that bug you noticed with royal beds seems to be gone now. If you still see it, let me know if you play with any other mods. Otherwise, enjoy. :)

gameismyname

Maybe this is just me, but the entire new update is bugged.  Even running by itself with no other mods, the beds get errors and when I try to load the carpet mod, the entire game crashes.

Is this just me?

Telkir

Are you able to explain what sort of errors / crashes you are getting? If you disable all mods, do you get any messages in the developer console? (Hit the ` key, usually immediately to the left of the 1 key on your keyboard, to show the console.)

I'm not sure what to suggest apart from the stuff you've probably done already. Make sure you extract alpha 7 into an empty folder - don't overwrite your alpha 6 installation as this might cause problems. The same thing goes with mods - be sure you aren't overwriting files and are get rid of anything old for previous alphas.

Telkir

Sorry for another double post. Updated the mod to v1.4.2 so that it includes the alpha 7c hotfix for disease chances.

If you already downloaded v1.4.0 or v1.4.1. then you can download this patched file and use it to overwrite the file below:
<YourRimworldFolder>/Mods/T-ExpandedCrops/Defs/BiomeDefs/ExpandedCropsBiomes.xml

If in doubt, just delete the TMod files, download the full package again, and reinstall. :)

EDIT: Updated once again for alpha 7c changes.