[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DracoGriffin

Hey Telkir, think you could adjust some compatibility for Duster+Jacket mod, if you have time?

Thanks for the great mod!
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

DracoGriffin

Another request: incorporate Fast Floors by Igabod since More Floors has so many floors and extremely aesthetically useful.

Maybe stone for fastest movespeed increase/lowest beauty increase; wood is moderate movespeed increase/moderate beauty increase; and carpet as lowest movespeed increase/highest beauty increase?
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Killaim

would be kool if aperello mod clothes where disasembled into their correct component types - any thoughts on making a combatbility thing with that ?

Igabod

If T wants to incorporate the speed boosting floors into his mod then I have no problem with it. All I did was add one line to each of the floor defs changing the pathcost to a -3 or -4 depending on which floor it was. The problem I encountered is you can't do decimal numbers and the whole numbers have odd effect values. -1 is 108% speed boost, -2 is 118%, -3 is 130% and -4 is 144%. -10 is 300% which was insane. Beyond those numbers I don't know what the effect values are. There doesn't seem to be a discernible pattern to it so it was really just a trial and error thing.

DorgoDorato

IDK if it's just me or if the issue was resolved already in a previous post, but my crops are consistently distorted textures. I've reinstalled the mod but it just stays weird.

skullywag

got a screenshot? Im using this mod with no issue, try it without any other mods?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sir

Quote from: DorgoDorato on October 27, 2014, 05:57:50 PM
IDK if it's just me or if the issue was resolved already in a previous post, but my crops are consistently distorted textures. I've reinstalled the mod but it just stays weird.
This happens to me as well, although I am also running TTM. In order to fix it, I have to load the save, exit to the menu, un-check and check the Expanded Crops mod, then re-load the same save for it to work properly.
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

skullywag

With this mod you have to turn on the mod exit the game and reload. Reset the game everytime you visit the "mods" page basically. But i doubt thats the issue as you wouldnt hit the mods page everytime sk loading a save should be fine. I would try the mod on its own make sure its noy a compatibility issue.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

InfiniteRemnant

my floors menu is starting to get annoyingly cluttered, I don't suppose it's possible to make your wood and stone floors stuff based and make some kind of extended woodworking mod as well as incorporate a version of Extended Stoneworking? maybe also add a few new trees in to fill the gaps? that way could be one icon for all 12 different wood and stone floors, and you could have an excuse to add a few new types of metal floor without cluttering the menu.

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: Igabod on October 26, 2014, 09:03:50 PM-1 is 108% speed boost, -2 is 118%, -3 is 130% and -4 is 144%. -10 is 300% which was insane. Beyond those numbers I don't know what the effect values are. There doesn't seem to be a discernible pattern to it so it was really just a trial and error thing.
well, the first few numbers you gave actually do have a pattern.

Difference between  0 & -1 is   8% (108%)
Difference between -1 & -2 is 10% (118%)
Difference between -2 & -3 is 12% (130%)
Difference between -3 & -4 is 14% (144%)

which would suggest the others would be:

Difference between -4 & -5 should be 16% (160%)
Difference between -5 & -6 should be 18% (178%)
Difference between -6 & -7 should be 20% (198%)
Difference between -7 & -8 should be 22% (220%)
Difference between -8 & -9 should be 24% (244%)
Difference between -9 & -10 should be 26% (270%) <-should be 300... wtf?

except that that last one is apparently wrong, so the pattern must change somewhere...

25wes25

ETA on an alpha 8 release? These mods are a great seamless addition to the game.

Telkir

Yikes, time flies... sorry for the delay. ::)

If you already downloaded 1.5.0, one of the graphics files inside MoreBeds was incorrect. You can either re-download the mod package or simply download this image and overwrite the existing one here:
{Your Rimworld Folder} / Mods / T-MoreBeds / Textures / Things / Building / BedPurple_sidem.png
Sorry about that!

Here's the update for alpha 8! It includes more balancing and a couple new things. As always, thanks to everyone here for your feedback - it's always appreciated (especially when I'm being lazy and need prodding to get busy again :p).

I know there have been a lot of requests for compatibility with other mods - I'll make a proper effort to see what can be done with the mods that were mentioned.

The changelog pretty much covers it:

v1.5.0
* Updated to Alpha 8
* ADD: High-definition resource graphics for ExpandedCrops and ExpandedCloth
* ADD: ExpandedCrops - a new meal, tomato and carrot soup, requiring 7 Cooking skill
* ADD: ExpandedCropsCompat - new graphic for berries
* ADD: ExpandedCloth - padded sleeping spots built with raw cotton
* FIX: The new beds added by MoreBeds now graphically reflect the stuff they're built from
* TWEAK: The added stone floors in MoreFloors now require specific types of stone to build

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on November 16, 2014, 01:42:53 PM
my floors menu is starting to get annoyingly cluttered, I don't suppose it's possible to make your wood and stone floors stuff based and make some kind of extended woodworking mod as well as incorporate a version of Extended Stoneworking?

Aye, I know what you mean. In the course of making this update I tried to see if floors-with-stuff was possible - sadly, as far as I could tell, it isn't (at least not just through XMLs). If it were, Tynan would probably be using it himself for the vanilla flavours of stone flooring.

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 26, 2014, 02:59:40 PM
Another request: incorporate Fast Floors by Igabod since More Floors has so many floors and extremely aesthetically useful.

Maybe stone for fastest movespeed increase/lowest beauty increase; wood is moderate movespeed increase/moderate beauty increase; and carpet as lowest movespeed increase/highest beauty increase?

That's an interesting mod that I hadn't seen. Will certainly check it out and think on doing this. :)

Quote from: DracoGriffin on October 20, 2014, 08:49:33 PM
Hey Telkir, think you could adjust some compatibility for Duster+Jacket mod, if you have time?

Thanks for the great mod!

Thank you! I'll take a look and see. ;D

Dipthong

Wow, fantastic work. These have turned out to be my favorite mods. Simple little things. Everything looks stunning, and fits in well with the textures already in the game. Thank you, T!

Patrykbono20

Match

So just theory crafting here, because the cotton beads are less efficient, our prisoners would theoretically spend more time sleeping yeah ?