[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

I'm honestly not sure what "rest effectiveness" really means but yes, I'd go with what you said, that your colonists would have to sleep for longer in order to get fully rested.

LittleMikey

Quote from: Match on December 25, 2014, 03:31:11 AM
So just theory crafting here, because the cotton beads are less efficient, our prisoners would theoretically spend more time sleeping yeah ?

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Colonists don't like sleeping on Stone/Metal beds. Even a bed made of silver isn't very comfortable, though you get a huge beauty bonus.

Telkir

Blah, 1.5.0 had another bug that I'd missed...  :(

The apparel deconstruction recipes inside [T] ExpandedCloth weren't working correctly on tuques or parkas. I've fixed this and made some other small balancing tweaks, so you can either redownload the whole new 1.5.1 mod package again, or simply grab this patch zip file and extract it into your Mods folder, overwriting the existing files.

And yes, I'm sure you'll all be relieved to know that it also includes the earlier fixed file for sideways purple beds. What a game-breaker that was...  ;D

general222291

With the new crop meals, I selected the new crops to be used in making simple meals, but they are not making them, do I HAVE to use them for salads/soup? If so, what ingredients go into which meal? Thanks!
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Telkir

I can't reproduce the problem you're having. Just double-checked this in my own game and I was able to create a simple meal from 10 carrots with no problem.

All new added crops - tomatoes, carrots, and lettuce - should be usable in the vanilla recipes where any non-meat ingredient is required.

The two added recipes work as below -
* Salad needs at least 1 lettuce and 4 other non-meat crops
* Tomato and carrot soup needs exactly 4 carrots, 4 tomatoes, and 4 potatoes

Are you using any other mods? If so, which ones?

general222291

Quote from: Telkir on December 27, 2014, 11:01:33 AM
I can't reproduce the problem you're having. Just double-checked this in my own game and I was able to create a simple meal from 10 carrots with no problem.

All new added crops - tomatoes, carrots, and lettuce - should be usable in the vanilla recipes where any non-meat ingredient is required.

The two added recipes work as below -
* Salad needs at least 1 lettuce and 4 other non-meat crops
* Tomato and carrot soup needs exactly 4 carrots, 4 tomatoes, and 4 potatoes

Are you using any other mods? If so, which ones?
Oops, a group of pods crashed which let out green medical flowers from the Apothocarius mod, which look exactly the same as lettuce. Anyway, the info about the meals is very useful, thanks alot. Sorry for wasting your time!
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Asero

I seem to be experiencing a weird graphic glitch when playing on a map[biome] that has either blackberry or Raspberry bushes.

When looking at the code in the ExpandedCropsPlantsWild.xml it appears it points to incorrect/missing graphic files: <graphicPath>Things/Plant/Blackberry</graphicPath>

The directory for Raspberries doesn't seem to exist either.

I managed to make a temporary fix by pointing both links to <graphicPath>Things/Plant/BlackberryPlant</graphicPath>

At least it shows up correctly now. You might want to take a peek at this.

Great mod by the way! :)

geekest_cat

Quote from: Asero on December 28, 2014, 10:20:58 AM
I seem to be experiencing a weird graphic glitch when playing on a map[biome] that has either blackberry or Raspberry bushes.

When looking at the code in the ExpandedCropsPlantsWild.xml it appears it points to incorrect/missing graphic files: <graphicPath>Things/Plant/Blackberry</graphicPath>

The directory for Raspberries doesn't seem to exist either.

I managed to make a temporary fix by pointing both links to <graphicPath>Things/Plant/BlackberryPlant</graphicPath>

At least it shows up correctly now. You might want to take a peek at this.

Great mod by the way! :)

I noticed that too, thanks for the fix. Apart from the T's mod I also use all EdB mods (Prepare Carefully, Interface, ModOrder and the last Scenarios, don't know if it has to do with it, though.

Telkir

Thanks Asero, good spot! Not sure how I missed that in my testing...  ::)

I've just uploaded files for 1.5.2, including a fix for the texture path of blackberry bushes, and also stopping tomatoes, lettuce, and carrots from being some kind of superflora - they now die in cold weather when leafless.

1.5.2 also has a couple of fixes for ConditionRed - there were a couple of yucky bugs that I can only guess were present since the first release. Blergh!

The changelog:

v1.5.2 (6th January 2015)
Patch download: TMods-152patch.zip - can be safely extracted over any 1.5.x files
* FIX: ExpandedCrops - blackberry bush texture path was corrected
* FIX: ExpandedCrops - tomatoes, lettuce, and carrots were missing the "die when leafless" flag
* FIX: ConditionRed - alert lamps should now always strobe correctly in "condition red" status
* FIX: ConditionRed - threat sensors no longer providing data to alert lamps when unpowered
* TWEAK: ConditionRed - alert lamps linked to an unpowered threat sensor now dimly glow blue
* TWEAK: ConditionRed - alert lamp glow during "condition green" has a slight green hue

Match

Hey T, great mod, thank you for developing it! I don't know if its just me, but your file that is meant to work with fast floors appears to only have the standard 100% speed. I'm delving through the xml atm but thought I'd let you know.

Telkir

Quote from: Match on January 07, 2015, 01:33:40 AM
Hey T, great mod, thank you for developing it! I don't know if its just me, but your file that is meant to work with fast floors appears to only have the standard 100% speed. I'm delving through the xml atm but thought I'd let you know.

Hey - I just double-checked this and I can't see any problem, but knowing me that doesn't mean there isn't one. :P The added floors seems to have a speed boost in line with the Fast Floor changes (130% for wood floors, 144% for stone - carpets don't get a speed boost).

Silly question but is [T] MoreFloorsFF enabled on your mods list instead of the standard [T] MoreFloors?

Igabod

Quote from: Telkir on January 07, 2015, 10:08:10 AM
Quote from: Match on January 07, 2015, 01:33:40 AM

Hey - I just double-checked this and I can't see any problem, but knowing me that doesn't mean there isn't one. :P The added floors seems to have a speed boost in line with the Fast Floor changes (130% for wood floors, 144% for stone - carpets don't get a speed boost).

Silly question but is [T] MoreFloorsFF enabled on your mods list instead of the standard [T] MoreFloors?

It could be a result of trying to use the fast floors on an old save. The floors that were already there won't have a speed bonus, but new floors should. Another problem may have been the old bug with opening mods menu and closing it and going straight into playing without restarting the game entirely. and there is also the possibility that there is another mod which does something with the floors that is loading after MoreFloorsFF. Mod load order is very important if you use a lot of mods.

Kolljak

Telkir i heard you got hold of the Natural flooring when that is out do you mind if i use it. i miss that mod.

Telkir

You'd surely be most welcome to use it! In fact, here it is:

A81.3_NaturalTerrainFlooring.zip

For now this is just a plain update of AHare's mod. I've got it working as it was in A7 (I think) and I've avoided changing or adding stuff except for one thing. You don't get generic stone blocks in A8, so...

* The rough stone floors now require their specific flavour of stone block to build
* All other floors have had their stone block requirement changed to steel instead

Whatever may happen in future changes I'll keep a "classic" version of NTF available that sticks to the original behaviour.

As far as adding this properly into TMods goes, I'm not sure how to approach it yet. I'll think on it a bit :)

Kolljak

Thanks very much just ignore my pm to you about permissions i just remebered i did already ask you -facepalm-