Is there a way to slow down enemy movement in B19?

Started by vampiresoap, August 30, 2018, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampiresoap

I've looked up this topic and there's not much to go on...So far I'm resorting to just laying down stone chunks in like a stripe pattern so that they have to vault over one stripe at a time. But even that is not very effective...

Do you guys have any other ideas?

A RANG MA

I think that burnt wood floors slow down walk speed, but not too significantly. Lots of terrain types, like marshes, sand, mud, water, etc. also slow down enemy speed.
I'm curious, what kind of area are you trying to slow down movement speed in? Like, a corridor or an open area?

ADastina

To be honest i always used sandbags.
But i never thought of doing a sandbag/rock combo.
ADastina, the hyperion's messiah.
PSN : 1600+ trophies
Usertag : I dont know... take a guess

vampiresoap

I'm gonna see if that works.

Also, I'm in a desert, so there's not much to work with over here ;D

I always set up a long corridor of death, and then at the end of the corridor when the surviving raiders come out, they'd be met with my machine gun fire. It's that part that I want to slow down the raiders.

Bolgfred

If you really really really need that slowdown, trees are the slowest thing i know. Put a tree in a 1 tile corricor to force passing, andy your enemy will slow through... for ages. Since A18 they provide only 25% cover, instead of 45%, so they might not cause such a big problem anymore.
Not sure about burned trees stats. In deserts check all terrains. I think some ground types like sand or gravel are quite slow aswell (75-90% or something).

Anyway, there are no artificial items that are meant to be used for slowdown only.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

vampiresoap

But like...there's no reason to slow them down while they are inside the corridor, at least for me. That'll just drag the fight out for too long. What I'm concerned is when they actually come out of the corridor.

Blato

I personally lay down a dumping stockpile and turn the corridor exit into fields of stone. Granted, it makes a miss chance, but the enemies can't stop in the middle and use the same stones as cover.

ADastina

You can try to use Embrasure mod, so you can just make 2 windows to shoot and 1 metal door.

They cant rush your colonists and you can shoot them or have time to prepare a big defense plan.

There is so many mods that can change the way that fight fights go on in RimWorld, i really recommend you Embrasure mod.

Embrasure Mod By Jaxxa : https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-Embrasures/releases
ADastina, the hyperion's messiah.
PSN : 1600+ trophies
Usertag : I dont know... take a guess

vampiresoap

Quote from: Blato on August 31, 2018, 09:35:40 AM
I personally lay down a dumping stockpile and turn the corridor exit into fields of stone. Granted, it makes a miss chance, but the enemies can't stop in the middle and use the same stones as cover.

If you just lay down a big dumping stockpile, you won't slow them down at all. I think there was an update some time ago stating that the raiders would just keep walking normally while they are on the stones. That's because they only slow down when they "vault" over a stone chunk. You can easily test this yourself in game.

Quote from: ADastina on August 31, 2018, 12:08:39 PM
You can try to use Embrasure mod, so you can just make 2 windows to shoot and 1 metal door.

They cant rush your colonists and you can shoot them or have time to prepare a big defense plan.

There is so many mods that can change the way that fight fights go on in RimWorld, i really recommend you Embrasure mod.

Embrasure Mod By Jaxxa : https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-Embrasures/releases

Hi personally I feel like the embrasure mod is just way too OP, and I'm sorry that it's kind of my fault for not mentioning that I just want a somewhat vanilla experience this time around. But thanks for the reply anyways :)