Mods and Rimworld Versions

Started by ADastina, August 30, 2018, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADastina

Hello guys.

So i first downloaded RimWorld v 1.0.1972

I started playing and enjoyed it but wanted to improve my gameplay with some mods...

Well i saw that V.1.0 doesn't have so many mods...

So i just searched the latest version and i saw that version 0.19.2009 is the latest version.

My question is... can i play the 0.19.2009 and use mods from older versions of 0.19 ?

Or is it gonna make some compatibility problems ?

I even tought that 0.19 was 1.0 ahaha so much confusion.

And by the way tell me if i am wrong or not but, 0.19.2009 update just added 1.0's stuff ?

I was playing on 1.0 because there was more content than other versions so if 0.19.2009 is 1.0 but with mods compatibility, it's cool.

Sorry for my bad english or for my bad explanations, i'm just a french player looking for some answers :) !
ADastina, the hyperion's messiah.
PSN : 1600+ trophies
Usertag : I dont know... take a guess

5thHorseman

You can use some mods from older versions of 0.19, and even some from versions of 1.0. If you're lucky some 0.18 and earlier mods may even work but it gets more and more doubtful as you go further and further back.

About all you can do is try the mod and see if it works. If not, don't use it and wait for it to be updated.

Also, look at the threads for the specific mods and see if people are saying if it works or not, or if the author has said anything.

As to the whole 0.19 / 1.0 thing, yes it's a bit confusing but it is what it is. Basically 1.0 and 0.19 are the same version though 0.19 builds are newer than 1.0 builds. They changed the number from 1.0 to 0.19 midway through the beta period.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

ADastina

Thanks for the quick answer, i tried myself and surprise !

I'm happy that i can play this game with mods :3 and with 1.0 features :3

Have a good day/night, and thanks again :)

Canute

I am displeased that you don't understand there arn't any 1.0 features.
That the early unstable version are called as 1.0 is a typo/mistake from the devs.
Basicly you can use mod's with 1.0 label, but you should be aware that they are from early unstable and might can cause trouble.

ADastina

Quote from: Canute on August 31, 2018, 04:15:29 AM
I am displeased that you don't understand there arn't any 1.0 features.
That the early unstable version are called as 1.0 is a typo/mistake from the devs.
Basicly you can use mod's with 1.0 label, but you should be aware that they are from early unstable and might can cause trouble.

Well i apologize if you're displeased by it, but it was just my own logic... now that i know 1.0 was the 0.19 early version i'll make an effort for you i promise :)

And thanks for the information.