Looking for crash log - Mac OSX

Started by RicRider, September 01, 2018, 01:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RicRider

My game keeps crashing about 10 minutes in. It drops to desktop with no warning. I'm running a lot of mods and I'm using the latest DRM free B19 version.

In the readme.txt it says I should search for output_log.txt in the Data folder to find out what went wrong. I can't find a file like this in the Data folder or anywhere else on my hard drive.

Any ideas? Where else can I look to see what went wrong?
##Coding Scrub##

Canute

RicRider

I would say that post is woefully out of date (2013 - would make sense, right?). The only folder called "Logs" on my hard drive that's seen any recent action and is related to RimWorld is the one in Hugslib and that's got 3 .cs files in it only.

I also don't find any files on my hard drive called Player.log, or *.log for that matter either. Is it possible there was no crash log created when the game crashed?

Anyway thanks for trying, appreciate it.
##Coding Scrub##

Canute

The creating is 2013, but the last edit is November 12, 2017, so it shouldn't be that out of date.
Rimworld at last create on every start a log file, normaly you can find a reason for a crash.

RicRider

Yeah, you're right. Didn't notice the edit date! Thanks, Canute.

BTW I still don't know where the crash log is but I solved my issues by working around them. I just went through each mod one by one and used the debug log to figure out how to fix the errors it was throwing at me in the code. Now I'm pretty chuffed because I have 54 mods that all work together flawlessly. I didn't think XML was so easy but here we are... I have lots of ideas for mods so I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time with this new hobby that I've come across.

Also I appreciate your help. I've seen you do a lot of work around here. Which mods did you work on?
##Coding Scrub##