Better item storage?

Started by Scavenger, September 01, 2018, 04:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scavenger

Did Tynan ever mention why we don't get better storage options..? We should really have bins or something we can craft late game.. Many items are tiny too. And the massive amount of storage space needed for big bases is cray cray, and triggers my OCD haha.

Maybe a medical cabinet for pills, meds, drugs, ect? The ability to lock it would be nice too!
General purpose bins.
Clothes rack.
Weapon rack.
Ect.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

RawCode

what about not hoarding stuff you do not actually need.

you need 2 cells for medicine and 4 cells for food, everything else is not needed.

5thHorseman

Quote from: RawCode on September 01, 2018, 06:21:02 AM

you need 2 cells for medicine and 4 cells for food, everything else is not needed.

I'd love to see our base with 6 storage cells. How many colonists does that support?

I too would like chests and wardrobes. I was personally quite surprised when I found that dressers didn't hold clothes and shelves were just fancy storage zones.

A player should be able to store a t-shirt in less space than 75 bricks.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Canute

Since a few releases now i use Expanded Storage mod from Skullyway/DoctorvanGogh now.
It is a very balanced storage solution i think.
Even clothes (and weapons if you edit the file) can be stored upto 11 same item at a 2x1 clothing rack.

I don't think the devs will add/create any better storage solution, these idea/thing get requested nearly every release.

Gadfly

Best storage unmodded would be drop pods. 5000 meat and it doesn't even spoil.

Scavenger

Lol what a narrow way to look at things. You may like min maxing and playing it not for its story, but just as numbers to beat. Some people like to role-play and actually get into the story or what's happening to your colony, not trying to get rid of excess of wealth to manipulate raids. Some people also like hoarding. And I would guess Tynam definitely appreciates the story aspect more, as he goes to Great Lengths to incorporate a lot of it.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Scavenger

Quote from: Canute on September 01, 2018, 06:50:46 AM
Since a few releases now i use Expanded Storage mod from Skullyway/DoctorvanGogh now.
Even clothes (and weapons if you edit the file) can be stored upto 11 same item at a 2x1 clothing rack.

I don't think the devs will add/create any better storage solution, these idea/thing get requested nearly every release.

Is it balanced though? I try to avoid using most mods, and my biggest concerns is balance. I love a challenge, and dislike using anything that makes it artificially easier haha.

Scavenger

Also, one of my main questions here was if Tynan has ever actually discussed his opinion on the matter, and why he does or does not plan to add storage options.

Canute

Quote from: Scavenger on September 02, 2018, 03:16:05 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 01, 2018, 06:50:46 AM

Is it balanced though? I try to avoid using most mods, and my biggest concerns is balance. I love a challenge, and dislike using anything that makes it artificially easier haha.
But then you request a vanilla solution to made it easier ? :-))
A vanilla hoarder allways used more room for trade beacon storage, then for for anything else.

RawCode

Quote from: Scavenger on September 02, 2018, 03:14:09 AM

Lol what a narrow way to look at things. You may like min maxing and playing it not for its story, but just as numbers to beat. Some people like to role-play and actually get into the story or what's happening to your colony, not trying to get rid of excess of wealth to manipulate raids. Some people also like hoarding. And I would guess Tynam definitely appreciates the story aspect more, as he goes to Great Lengths to incorporate a lot of it.

sadly, game logic punish you for accumulation of goods and resources not essential to survival, as such resources ramp your wealth and make game harder.

especially noticable with "expectation" stuff, where putting single 600 statue inside each pawn room to get rid of awful room penalty result in equal drop of mood from increased expectations.

Scavenger

That increased expectation thing wasn't fixed??