A few ideas to make rivers slightly more useful

Started by Arkay_The_Arcane, September 01, 2018, 01:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkay_The_Arcane

I really like the new watermill, since it gave use to the rivers that used to just be an obstacle. However, while providing power is nice, they still have a lot more downsides than upsides in my opinion. So, here are a few ideas to make rivers a little bit more useful.

• Add a kind of net-structure that can be placed on moving water that has a very low chance of finding a random mineral.
  • Rafts that allow for faster movement speed downriver when trading, and possibly a way to cross small bodies of still water like lakes
  • Fishing! Rivers and water sources in general could be fished in, giving a random fish ranging from small fish to large fish, with the smaller varieties being stackable while the larger act like regular corpses.

Hope you like my ideas!

AlexNAC04

very good idea 11/10 but you should be able to throw bodies in the water so carnivouros fish could be baited, and you could throw plants in the water so herbivore fish could be baited

gx1990

i was just thinking about this, having fishing as a skill and as an activity people can do to gather meat. like level 1-3 would be with spears 4-10 would be with fishing poles and 11-20 would be with nets.