[B19] What is this? File "harmony.log" on desktop

Started by Jan2607, September 01, 2018, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

I played B19 yesterday, and when I looked at my desktop just now, I found a unknown file named "harmony.log".
In one line I read "RimWorld" and it has to do something with pawns and damage, so I think it somehow belongs to RimWorld. But what is this file and how does it get there? Is it important or can I get rid of it?

I've installed the game on Steam, so there shouldn't pop up any files on my desktop, right? At least, it has never done before and I hope it won't do so in the future...

BlackSmokeDMax

One of the mods you are using is using the Harmony tool for making mods. They had logging turned on while making the mod and forgot to turn the logging off before publishing the mod.

You can just delete the file, no harm.

Jan2607

BlackSmokeDMax

Btw, if you can figure out which mod was leaving the log, the mod author would probably like to know, so they can go in and turn that off and put out a new version.

The only way to tell is by reading through the log and seeing if any of the words jump out for a specific mod, or by turning on mods one at a time and seeing which one generates the file. The second way not being fun at all :)

Jan2607

I've attached the file to this post. If you want to read through it, have fun :D

Currently I have following mods active:
HugsLib
JecsTools
EdB Prepare Carefully
Mad Skills
P-Music
Feed the Colonists
RimFridge
More vanilla factions
Misc. Core

I can't find anything in the log that points to a specific mod, but I really don't want to do it the other way for now...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

Since it's not a RimWorld bug, I'll lock this thread. Thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog