Some tweaks to skill fire and an opposite that I call chill

Started by AnActualDuck, September 01, 2018, 02:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

First to define what I'm talking about just in case people aren't familiar, the single and double fire fire icons that increase the exp gains of a colonists. Here is how I'd tweak it:

The recent removal of green thumb is fine, seems reasonable. However! I think gaining a +1 mood boost for doing a task that someone likes and a +2 for doing a task they love is a reasonable addition to fire. This needs to be a very limited duration of the mood boost to compensate for how strong it can be, perhaps even only while doing said task. This also allows fire to be added to dumb labor, cause realistically there are people out there who really just like picking things up and putting them down.

Then I'd go the opposite as well, adding a chill to skills, represented by a snow flake or two snow flakes on the skill. This would decrease xp gains on that skill as well as offer mood -1 and -2 respectively while doing the skill. The point of this is more to remove "incapable of" traits. Not completely remove those traits, but make them far rarer. Someone hates hauling stuff? Well fine, they get a mood debuff for doing it but if they are capable then they can. Someone is a pyro? K fine, they will refuse to fight fire still.

AlexNAC04

yes but the mood penalty should only be when the person is doing that job

AnActualDuck

Oh of course! I guess I didn't specify that to begin with.