Bills don't count items being carried

Started by falconne, September 02, 2018, 04:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falconne

This is just a minor inconsistency. The new "Count Equipped" option for "Do Until" bills will not count items being hauled by colonists or trained animals. It's no big deal, but it can cause work to be started on an unnecessary item if a job search happens while the item is being hauled.

I am cutting down my better workbench mod where this functionality existed to remove features from it that were added to vanilla. I'll leave behind the bit where it counts items hauled by colonists "Count Equipped" is enabled. If this is fixed in vanilla, it would be good if that's mentioned in the patch notes so I can remove it from the mod then.

System.Linq

I have several bills set up to ensure that my colony has enough armor. The bills are set to my exact number of colonists, and have "count equipped" enabled so that I don't produce more than I need. Nonetheless, after every raid, when my colonists start taking their armor off and putting it away, my crafters end up starting to make more armor because it's in people's hands, not equipped on their body, so they think there's a shortage. As soon as it's put back in the stockpile, the unfinished items are dropped, never to be touched again. I end up cancelling them, wasting materials.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison