Fade <edgeType> no longer works on some terrain transitions?

Started by obuw, August 30, 2018, 06:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obuw

Hello all,

One of the things I usually do whenever I play is switch all terrain types to <edgeType>Fade</edgeType> to make them blend in together.

I do this with a simple find&replace for all relevant files, as well as adding it to FloorBase.

This worked fine all the way up to my last playthrough, which was A16. However, I'm finding that this no longer works on some transitions in B18. Attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

It no longer seems to work for floor-to-floor transitions, or floor-to-rock transitions for some reason. It still works for floor-to-soil/gravel/sand, and soil/gravel/sand-to-soil/gravel/sand.

Any idea what the reason could be? Is there a new property that I need to set or something? Or is it just something that Tynan changed internally that makes it impossible to do this now?

[attachment deleted due to age]

AileTheAlien

It looks like this might be a simple name change? I see for the terrain defs in the base game, that they appear to have a <edgeType>FadeRough</edgeType> instead. If you patched that value instead, I think it might work for you.

obuw

Sadly I don't think that's the case, as I made them fadeRough to begin with, and then changed them to fade when that didn't work.

Edit: Just double checked again, and nope, fadeRough has the same effect.

obuw

So annoying having to deal with hard transitions like this. In the end, rather than deal with the eyesore, I had to resort to just covering my whole base with a single kind of flooring. :/

Anyone got any ideas or mod suggestions that might be able to help with this?