Cannot Smooth Stone in Corner

Started by Sirnanigans, September 02, 2018, 03:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirnanigans

When attempting to smooth stone walls the corner blocks are inaccessible from the inside, making it impossible to create a fully smoothed room without destroying a block and replacing it with a wall block.

Two related suggestion: It would be nice if the stone walls had a more similar texture to smoothed walls to prevent patchwork-like walls. It's virtually impossible to dig a base and not end up filling in walls here and there. Also it would be helpful to have a 'smooth' option with a hotkey appear when a rough wall is selected, in the actions menu next to 'mine'.

Golden

I think this bug was fixed several updates ago.  I know that I haven't seen it in Beta 19 for a while.  Are you running the latest version?

ceofiofy

Yes, I confirm, it is a bug.
https://image.ibb.co/dwiope/bug1.png (notice the 2 blocks designated to be smoothed)
Obsessed with fishing.

NeverPire

I have just test it and I have it too.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Golden

Ah, I see.  I'd forgotten that instance.  How it seems to work is that those inside corner tiles get done by the second of the two adjacent tiles.  So all you need to do is also smooth the other tile next to those spots and they get smoothed too.  I think it is kinda like the adjacent tiles do half of the inside ones so both need to be done.

Even though in the picture, there are really 3 adjacent tiles, you'll need to smooth all REACHABLE and adjacent tiles to get the corners done.  I think.  :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Golden on September 05, 2018, 02:40:53 PM
Ah, I see.  I'd forgotten that instance.  How it seems to work is that those inside corner tiles get done by the second of the two adjacent tiles.  So all you need to do is also smooth the other tile next to those spots and they get smoothed too.  I think it is kinda like the adjacent tiles do half of the inside ones so both need to be done.

Even though in the picture, there are really 3 adjacent tiles, you'll need to smooth all REACHABLE and adjacent tiles to get the corners done.  I think.  :)

I believe you are correct. And once you expose more tiles adjacent to the inner corner, it reverts back to unsmoothed, I think.

Can you still not get conduit in there?

Golden

I haven't had any problem with installing conduit in the corners lately.  And, no, the corner tile stays smoothed.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog