[1.0] Caravan Gear

Started by Thom Blair III, September 03, 2018, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

Given its me who found it your guess is as good as mine :P
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Thom Blair III

I just realized the original person who asked me to include a portable version of the chemfuel generator wanted it to provide the same 1000W, but when I was making it, I was thinking that if it's only going to weigh 2.5kg, then it'd probably not be able to provide the same watts. Does anyone have significant feelings one way or the other: increase/decrease weight/wattage?
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Thom Blair III

I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

Thom Blair III

So, I'm working on making some tents for the mod. But, it's not immediately obvious to me how to make one as a 1 piece item with a predefined size & shape. I liked the tents Nando's Camping Stuff had and that style of using vanilla wall & door look might be the way to go.

But, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a predefined tent item that would look like a 5x7 sleeping spot, but would count as indoors so it would hold heat, light and protect from weather.

Does anyone know how to do this, and if so, can you tell me how to do it in XML? Or, would you be interested in writing the code to make it in C#?

thecookiemaker

The only pregenerated structures I've seen have been using the Misc. MapGenerator mod by Haplo_X1. His mod generates extra structures when the map is generated, but he makes it really easy to add your own structures. The basic layout of his xml is the first part telling what the size of the building is. For example: 5,7. Then there are 3 layers: Walls, Floor, Items. each layer in the xml consists of a a series of characters representing what goes on that position in the layer going left to right, top to bottom. For the 5x7 building there should be a total of 35 characters for each layer. After each layer in the XML it will have a legend defining what each of the characters you entered means. For example: defining each W to be a wall and each D to be a door. Each . in the characters is left as an unchanged area. The items layer is where you would put any furniture you wanted to appear in the building, or things like gold in a dungeon. it can also be used to place power cables.

I would recommend checking out that mod or reaching out to Haplo_X1 to see if he might be able to offer assistance.

Thom Blair III

Oh wow, awesome! I'll definitely check that out. Thanks a lot!
  👍

Amnesiac

Can you update your dropbox link to be the latest version? v1.5 has some errors for me :(

Thom Blair III

Updated for Rimworld 1.0

PS: For tents, see "Camping Stuff" by Alias

Amnesiac

still getting some errors on mod load :(
https://i.imgur.com/CCeqdqc.png
I removed this from the two xml listed in the error and the error is gone

<thingCategories>
      <li>BuildingsProduction</li>
</thingCategories>

Thom Blair III

Sorry about that--it should be fixed now. Thank you for pointing it out!
Enjoy!
:)

Ruisuki

not planning on adding tents anymore? Seems alias mod also adds its own stove

Thom Blair III

I don't have the programming skill to add tents...they are much more complicated than I'd originally thought. Alias knew how to do it, so I'm just pointing people to that mod.

Alias

Quote from: Thom Blair III on October 11, 2018, 08:43:49 AM
I don't have the programming skill to add tents...they are much more complicated than I'd originally thought. Alias knew how to do it, so I'm just pointing people to that mod.

Lol, you give me too much credit, Nandonalt knew how to add tents, I just keep the lights on. Most of the modifications I've made have been either fixing red squiggle lines in Visual Studio or focused on the data structure used to represent tents, I'm still not 100% sure what all of the code does...

Your mod is really neat, I'll be sure to add a link from my pages as well. (I actually have a forums page for the b19 version of camping stuff as well if you'd rather link there for users that may not have the steam distribution).
Did you draw all of your textures yourself?

vandal

Any chance you can create a backpack for the mod Thom? I feel it fits nicely with camping