The Drunkard's Tavern.

Started by Yarkista, September 18, 2013, 05:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Evelyn

Random thought: A roleplaying board would be cool. Forums tend to attract a lot of RP-oriented people, and it would be neat to see a bunch of Rimworld players all RPing together. It would also strengthen the community, in my opinion. Just my two cents.

bigwolf2101

so this thread is not dead and where did all the grumpy cats go?

AstronauticalFerret

Random thought. With update 5 what would happen if you replaced all the colonists with Kerbals cloned after Jebadiah?  MOAR BOOSTERS! ... Or in the RimWorld sense, MOAR TURRETS!

JKTD1919

SOMEBODY ELSE found this game through Scott Manley ;)
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Bog

Quote from: AstronauticalFerret on July 08, 2014, 06:36:50 AM

Random thought. With update 5 what would happen if you replaced all the colonists with Kerbals cloned after Jebadiah?  MOAR BOOSTERS! ... Or in the RimWorld sense, MOAR TURRETS!
Because if the colonists were cloned Kerbals the ship wouldn't have crashed mildly enough for there to be survivors.

Though it might explain why there's so many cargo pods crashing constantly in rimworld.  ;D

PS: My best ship has 13 distinct stages. Even thrust is the trick. It should fire boosters at the bottom, middle and top simultaneously on each of it's stages. Otherwise upon launching the bottom goes up, but due to the weight the top goes down... leading to a catastrophic failure where it'd all crash into itself on the launch pad.

The final result is that I can put an otherwise "normal" full sized 4 stage rocket with full fuel in a stable orbit... and then travel from there to the sun or whatever else I want. 8)
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Ednac

My colonists got this from a food trader, and they like to celebrate accomplishments with alcohol, although they wish there was less hops.

Lazarus

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 08, 2014, 05:23:35 AM
I dont know where i keep getting this cool gifs

When the colony you spend most of your day building fails....
Poke poke, stab stab.

Justin C

Quote from: JKTD1919 on July 09, 2014, 01:18:27 AM
SOMEBODY ELSE found this game through Scott Manley ;)
Lots of us found the game through Scott. It's a shame he doesn't play RimWorld these days.

BetaSpectre

WHOOOO HOOOO

Pass me the wine coolers!!!

YEAH
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Lazarus

Sadly the time I was drinking I had been playing Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and War Thunder.... good times :D
Poke poke, stab stab.

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

SubZeroBricks

This will sound dumb but how do you actually pronounce 'Tynan' ?
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

Coenmcj

There was a thread on this somewhere... Now I've gotta go delve the depths of ludeon forums to unearth this glorious thing!

There you go! ^_^
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4053
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

SubZeroBricks

Erm... what the heck are these blobs?
<<<< here ish
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."