[mod request] star craft styled

Started by Bobisme, October 10, 2018, 02:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

replace factions with zergs terrans and protos, the faction you choose removes the rest from the world map.
Set it up like a dominance, where colonies progress aka rise of nations rise of legends, (or possibly just stationary colonies) victory once you vanquish all other foes and colonies get harder as you remove them, includes raids :P

Tehe, it's a big ask, and i can't see it happening, but, it would be sweet :D

love to see a zerg pop out a the ground :P

...Just realized zerg would need some sort of terrain changing ability i guess... it would be a giant mod if ever

AcetheSuperVillain

(I never played SC2, so forgive me if I'm behind on something)

I feel like you could make some fun mod stuff out of StarCraft parts.  You could certainly mimic SC infantry units with equipment and weapons, Terran Marine, Firebat, Ghost, Medic, Protoss Zealot and Templar.  Terrans are obviously just humans, Protoss and Infested humans could be alien races, I would do Zerg as animals, since I think that was the point at first, maybe with some kind of tech to allow breeding them deliberately, perhaps like the Genetic Rim mod. 

I don't think there's a common way to do vehicles with mods, but you could maybe use the powered armor mechanic to make it work. 

There's also Misc. Robots, which might be a way to do vehicles, it would be sort of weird for RimWorld, but similar to how you manage units in StarCraft.  Could also be the way to make advanced Zerg units. 

Bobisme

i think with a bit of trickery you could pull of 'vehicles' (not the carrier kind though) by changing decals of certain 'pawns' just change the decal for a centipede to a E.G: siege tank

One way to circumnavigate the transport issue is by creating a spawn and despawn pawn 'thingo' to give the feel of loading and unloading, maybe grab some code from the pod launcher, n cut n paste to a 'transport'  sounds easy to me lol, (i know almost nothin on code)