"Colonist left unburied" permanent mood malus

Started by Maverik, September 05, 2018, 03:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverik

I have a colony with all the pawns with this mood debuff, and im not sure sure why, since i clear all the map of any corpse, and im 100x100 sure of that (fresh, rotten or bones, colonist or not, its all clear)

I can only speculate of the reason, and I think its because I lost some colonist caravaning, and the game is still thinking his body is in the ground or something, that was many in game years ago, but the mood debuff is still present.

5thHorseman

Make a small stockpile that's critical and ask for colonist corpses only. See if someone brings it. Also in case it's forbidden right click the "unforbid" tool to unforbid all (which will have other side effects like your colonists hauling all animal skeletons on the map somewhere but oh well)

But after 2+ years I'd think that colonist would have rotted away by now. If that's the case and the debuff still exists then that could be the problem and - in my opinion - a bug as well.

I've dropped colonists' dead bodies on the side of the road in a caravan in 0.19 unstable and not gotten the debuff.

Posting your save and/or log would benefit Ludeon to find the problem.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Maverik

I do the stockpile thing already, and even unload all the tombs to burn the corpes, im really sure, the body is not on my map, maybe shes not dead and the raiders capture the pawn, thats another possibility.

Maverik

I start a new colony, In my total time only 1 colonist die (months ago), and its buried from the minute 1, 100x100 buried, i have his tomb in my face right now, but I have the "colonist left unburied" mood in some of my pawns...

Cant upload the save, 600kb restriction..Im playing on B19 with very few mods, but just a basic ones and nothing related to the topic (Hospitality, Prepare carefully, allow tool..)

zgrssd

I oddly can not find the definition of that Thought anywere in the defines. Could it be that a update removed the defintiion, causing it to got stuck on older savegames? Or am I just looking for the wrong thing?

Tynan

Please post the savegame where this issue is occuring.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

zgrssd

Quote from: Tynan on September 10, 2018, 03:17:43 AM
Please post the savegame where this issue is occuring.
We would all love to post savegames. But if the savegame is 1000 KiB when Compressed and the Forum only allows 600 KiB of Filesize, there is a a slighly problem with that. ;)

5thHorseman

Dropbox, Google Drive, and dozens of other sites allow free uploads.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

zgrssd

Quote from: 5thHorseman on September 10, 2018, 02:58:20 PM
Dropbox, Google Drive, and dozens of other sites allow free uploads.
And then we have to deal with issues like the file having been taken down due to lack of activity.

Or he just increases the total size to 10k KiB and invidual file sizes to 1000 KiB. Like he did. This already is a Forum with a Upload function. It just needed a change of two values and it could (again) do it's job of helping debugging.

@Tynan 1000 KiB is actuall still a bit small. When I said 1000 KiB, it was more a lower limit. Maybe it would be less if I did not increase the map size by 1 step, but it does still clock in at around 1021 KiB compressed. 12K/2k might be a better combination. Even 10k/2k if you reduce it to 5 Uploads. 10K/5k if you want to be sure for the future.

Uncompressed saves easily hit 8 MiB, btw.

Maverik

Im playing with permadeath, and I already finish my last game, but im going to start another soon, if i see the bug again, I upload the save here for sure on dropbox or any uploader.

Maverik

Okay, I discover the problem, its the translation, Im playing in spanish, and someone translated "Sharing bed" for the spanish version of "Colonist left Unburied" so thats the problem, im going to report in the spanish translation thread.

My apologies.