[WIP] The capital - A special faction mod

Started by cudelo, September 06, 2018, 02:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadzach

Ooh, what about making the colony the site of a horrific bloodsport involving children as a show of power and fear of the Capital! Punishment Soccer*!

*a registered trademark of the Thrilling Adventure Hour / Workjuice Industries

rawrfisher

The capital is meant to be a mid/late game challenge for the player to overcome.  The spreading aspect would force the player to prepare quite carefully when attacking them.  I will say that having a limit on the number of each type of part would definitely help in the long run.
Somthing along the lines of 10 farms 10 suburbs 5 power plants. 
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 14, 2018, 12:01:50 PM
Roolo do you need anything else raked over the coals?

I'm bored....

I might have something for you in a few days. I'll send you a PM if I have :). Also, you'd be my hero if you're able to reproduce the error reported by 425204930 and Derek on the bug report thread on Steam Workshop of What the Hack!?

rawrfisher

Lol lemme take a look
Took forever but I found numbers post
Really would help if I had more info then just a 1 liner about trade.  It is possible he might have that illusive trade bug I had during 17 and 18
Never did nail that one and managed to stump fluffy and hugs with it

Would have been nice if you mentioned that Derek's was in the bug reports not the main comment section.  I need more information from both of them if I am gonna be able to assist.  I have the same limitations as you do when troubleshooting these  :-\ 

Side note:  I know I changed the topic but we should really get back to the topic of the capital since it is the main topic of this thread :P

On that note I don't recall if I posted or not but I typed up several suggestions for after there's a stable system in place.
Professional jerk

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 14, 2018, 03:03:38 PM
Would have been nice if you mentioned that Derek's was in the bug reports not the main comment section.  I need more information from both of them if I am gonna be able to assist.  I have the same limitations as you do when troubleshooting these  :-\ 

Sorry for going off topic again, but if you read my previous post carefully you can see I was already referring you to the bug report thread.

rawrfisher

Oh lol  I musta misread it thinking you ment bug reports in general.
Professional jerk

rawrfisher

Just had to :P

[attachment deleted due to age]
Professional jerk

ParadoxalObserver

Just want to say that if you accomplish the goal of having the "Capital" derive its power from background simulation of its resources, then you might end up spawning a plethora of amazing mods that rework faction mechanics. Thoroughly excited to see what becomes of this!

MechanoidHiveMind

Ok guys I´m dumb how do I install this mod?
Only Extracting it is not working bcs it says that the version is unknown
helllpppp please
One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem
Only Mechanoids ; Everywhere

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Ruisuki

Just wanted to let you know if you hadnt already the author of Orbital Hubs united created workable airplanes, and the author of Yes vehicles did cars. The latter has been plagued for months now with bugs from what I heard but a third party created a bugfix. Maybe contact one of them in case you run into a wall in development

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 11, 2018, 06:23:07 AM
Just wanted to let you know if you hadnt already the author of Orbital Hubs united created workable airplanes, and the author of Yes vehicles did cars. The latter has been plagued for months now with bugs from what I heard but a third party created a bugfix. Maybe contact one of them in case you run into a wall in development

Have any of those vehicle mods been updated for B19 or later?

Ruisuki

Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on October 11, 2018, 05:51:47 PM

No. Yes vehicles has had a lot of problems, but the basics of the mod worked for a time. Orbital hubs was very stable for b18 and I'd be surprised if the OP doesnt update once the game is officially out next week, given his history here.

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 12, 2018, 08:15:45 AM
Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on October 11, 2018, 05:51:47 PM

No. Yes vehicles has had a lot of problems, but the basics of the mod worked for a time. Orbital hubs was very stable for b18 and I'd be surprised if the OP doesn't update once the game is officially out next week, given his history here.

I really hope so. But I don't think the OP of the dropship mod has been active since early August.

But this capital mod looks be the last mod this game will need lol. Finally adds a meaningful end game goal besides just leaving. I hope it comes out eventually.

Kramoliun

Is ther any download link? im very interested on this mod
Alea Jacta Est.