crappy cooling

Started by landvotg, September 06, 2018, 07:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landvotg

Hello,

can anyone tell me why it is impossible to cool down a 10x6 room with 4!!!! coolingunits on -273°C? Sure, it´s 50°C outside during a heatwave, but guys, really??? It´s even hard to cool that roomsize down to -5°C with 2 coolingunits when it´s just 25°C outside on normal conditions. The room has wooden walls and even a roof. The units are placed the right way and they are well on energy. I don´t know who had this very brilliant idea to make the coolingunits practically useless but it is just rediculous. On B18 i could easily cool a 20x10 coldstore with 4 units during a heatwave and 2 units during normal summer. I need now 800W permanently just for that tiny coldstore without any effect. Maybe you should have a look at the temperaturething at all, especially the heatwave. It´s clear that it is a challenge to survive but after 4 days with 54°C at day and 45°C at night i dont have any chance. Even nudity and beds in the coldstore (wich is barely working) didn´t prevent my poor guys from getting killed through heatstroke. My colony survived just 10 days. I´m a bit pissed off :(

I played crashlanded scenario on medium difficulty with Phoebe Chillax on temperate forest.

Please take a look at this issue cause i really like the game but i lost the 3rd colony now because of this bs.

Thanks a lot and keep going

Lowkey1987

Can you show a screenshot of your setup?

Canute

landvotg,
can your refrigerator cool anything below -10/20°C ? I don't think so.
The normal cooler arn't made for this.
If you want -273°C you should take a look into
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26590.0

fritzgryphon

Your colonists legit died of heatstroke in a closed 10x6 room with 4 coolers?  Something was wrong.

Also, wall materials and cooler placement in a room don't affect anything.

Panzer

This looks like user error. I recreated the room as described and was able to cool it down to -10 C with an outside temperature of 50 C.

Make sure the coolers face the right way (red outside, blue inside) and are powered, check if the building is properly roofed and dont leave the door open all the time.

bbqftw

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Panzer on September 06, 2018, 01:29:03 PM
This looks like user error. I recreated the room as described and was able to cool it down to -10 C with an outside temperature of 50 C.

Make sure the coolers face the right way (red outside, blue inside) and are powered, check if the building is properly roofed and dont leave the door open all the time.

This ^^

And also make sure the coolers have a good exhaust area, preferably directly to the sky. If exhaust needs to go through tunnels it doesn't dissipate fast enough to allow a properly functioning cooler.

erdrik

Quote from: Lowkey1987 on September 06, 2018, 08:49:47 AM
Can you show a screenshot of your setup?
This ^

Other posts are probably right, but the quickest way to the most accurate solution is to show the actual set up, showing as much of the related displayed in game info as possible.