Deep drilling for chemfuel

Started by Nainara, September 10, 2018, 01:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nainara

I noticed that while deep drilling the red scanner patches for chemfuel, only one unit of chemfuel is getting generated per drill portion/cycle. This ends up being pretty inefficient. I'm wondering if this is an oversight, a bug, or by design and perhaps the result of some aspect of deep drilling that I don't yet understand? My latest colony is in the arctic tundra biome with a very short growing season. There isn't much organic stuff around the map to refine, so I was hoping that pumping some good old fossil fuels would help reduce the colony's dependence on trade.

[attachment deleted due to age]

5thHorseman

Quote from: Nainara on September 10, 2018, 01:09:18 AMI'm wondering if this is an oversight, a bug, or by design and perhaps the result of some aspect of deep drilling that I don't yet understand?

Mostly the last one.

They removed chemfuel from deep drilling, so new maps won't even have patches. For some technical reason that I don't know and probably wouldn't understand, current patches were made to have this effect instead of just deleting them.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

That's a shame and something that would be less annoying when actually finding metal but still...

Well i used to drill for stuff like plasteel back in B18 it was annoying getting chemfuel instead but it did help freeing a hand from going to the refiner to throw away food or wood/ but i do have a lot of food in the freezer and it was mostly vegetarian back in those days. Since my colonies runs with chemfuel generators along with other types of power sources.

I dunno if i should be happy or sad, right now i'm have undecided which one i should step on which side. ???

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.