[1.0] What the Hack?! v1.2 - last update: May 30, 2019

Started by Roolo, September 07, 2018, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kranon the Relentless

Could you make it happen that scyter blades are a thing again. I loved them wish they were back in game. That where pretty nice. Sorry if had spelled something wrong english is not my native language.

Roolo

Quote from: Kranon the Relentless on February 17, 2019, 06:11:33 AM
Could you make it happen that scyter blades are a thing again. I loved them wish they were back in game. That where pretty nice. Sorry if had spelled something wrong english is not my native language.

Maybe as a separate mod at some point. But it actually has no relation to the theme of this mod (hacking mechanoids). This mod just happens to add the downing mechanic back in, but isn't related to "upgrading you colonists using mechanoid body parts", so I don't see a reason to add it to this mod.

Roolo

Update:
v1.1.8
- Fixed compatibility issue with mechanoids that don't have regular heads (for instance the tanks in Tiberium Rim).
- Fixed Rogue AI providing infinite power if you re-hack it when it was overloading your power network.

I'm actually working on a much bigger update, but I didn't want to wait with releasing these fixes until that update is finished.

AnEcho

Game crashes every time I try to hack a mech.
When I try to hack a downed mech's targeting system, the game tells me I have no functioning hacking facility. However, the colonists will attempt this regardless, carry the mech to the hacking table and then the game closes itself.

Anything of the sort happened to anyone else? I use around 40 other mods, so the chance of a conflict is definitely there. Are there any known incompatibilities?

Madman666

I have more than 180 mods with WTH included - not encountering your issue. You could post output logs game creates on a crash to let Roolo check it out. Also posting your modlist might shed some light, on which mod might be the culprit.

conkikhon

Everything work fine, until I start building mechanoid facility. Loading time become a lot longer than before. Dunno if this mod is the cause or not, because I build rimfactory machines and industrial roller to produce mechanoid part too. I have 12 mechs in my current save (maintaining disabled)

Roolo

Quote from: conkikhon on March 09, 2019, 01:02:56 PM
Everything work fine, until I start building mechanoid facility. Loading time become a lot longer than before. Dunno if this mod is the cause or not, because I build rimfactory machines and industrial roller to produce mechanoid part too. I have 12 mechs in my current save (maintaining disabled)

Building that facility can't really impact load times. And what load time do you mean? Load time to load your save or load time to start the game? And how long is that load time?

It's generally installing a lot of mods that's
impacting load times. Some mods have a significant impact and What the Hack isn't one of them.

conkikhon

My current tundra save have 16 centipedes mounted with turrets from More Vanilla Turret and it takes more than 20 min to load. I'm using less than 30 mods (nothing more added halfway) and loading time before building stuff for mechanoid is no longer than 5 min. I'll start disabling those one by one to find out what is the cause.

Roolo

Quote from: conkikhon on March 10, 2019, 07:45:07 AM
My current tundra save have 16 centipedes mounted with turrets from More Vanilla Turret and it takes more than 20 min to load. I'm using less than 30 mods (nothing more added halfway) and loading time before building stuff for mechanoid is no longer than 5 min. I'll start disabling those one by one to find out what is the cause.

Could you send my your save file in a PM? I can take a look at it and see if there's something that makes your save very big.

conkikhon

Right after disabling this mod, I create a new save and it's size reduce a lot. Loading time is good again. Thank you for noticing save file's size, Roloo.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Roolo

Quote from: conkikhon on March 12, 2019, 06:22:33 PM
Right after disabling this mod, I create a new save and it's size reduce a lot. Loading time is good again. Thank you for noticing save file's size, Roloo.

Disabling the mod mid-save will probably break your game completely, keep that in mind. Could you still send me your save file? I'd like to see what exactly is making it bigger.

temple_wing

Stackoverflow exception while putting a downed mech to the hacking bench.
I can't post it to the forum ( more than 2000 chars ). Please checkout https://github.com/rheirman/WhatTheHack/issues/24

Roolo

Quote from: temple_wing on March 22, 2019, 08:05:34 AM
Stackoverflow exception while putting a downed mech to the hacking bench.
I can't post it to the forum ( more than 2000 chars ). Please checkout https://github.com/rheirman/WhatTheHack/issues/24

That's on master. I use the master branch for experimental builds, so bugs can be expected there. If you're a regular user and don't want to test out experimental code, I advice you to use the latest release found here: https://github.com/rheirman/WhatTheHack/releases.

By the way, when you report an issue like this, it's REALLY important that you mention that you didn't follow the advised download link, and downloaded from master directly. When people report bugs, I assume they're using an official release. If you don't mention what version you're using, I might end up wasting a lot of time looking a bug that isn't there. Luckily it was reported properly on Github, so I knew it was on master (as the guy mentioned that), so I didn't end up wasting any time.

Anyhow, I just fixed the issue on master.

Roolo

I almost finished another big update, but it needs more testing. If you're familiar with What the Hack, and want to help me with testing, please PM me! Having a few people helping out with testing will probably make it possible to release sooner, and will make the release more stable.

Sonsalt

awesome, what are the improvements?