[1.0] What the Hack?! v1.2 - last update: May 30, 2019

Started by Roolo, September 07, 2018, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

@Roolo  I havnt touched CE since 17.  Really dont like how easy it is to exploit the weapon ranges on that mod.
I posted an output log which should have my entire list on it just below that log too.

BTW think I got enough mechs?  I cant assign most their chargers directly for some reason.

Small meaningless complaint:  Misc robots bots are added to the hackable list by default and that can lead to some interesting situations where over half a raid despawns instantly.
I just had to remove the misc robot pawns from hackable lists.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

tapioca

help! I play beta 18 because of mod related issues. Is there a way to get the full mod [not the wip one because i cannot mod mechanoids in it] on beta 18?

rawrfisher

B18 version is no longer supported far as I know. As for the mod issues Which mod/s are you having issues with.  I might know some alternatives that are similar or the 1.0 version might have been uploaded separately. 
Professional jerk

Roolo

Supporting older versions of the game with new content would be totally infeasible. It would literally almost double the work I'd have to put into updates, just for a tiny fraction of players that refuse to move on to the newest version of the game.

@Rawrfisher.
Wow, that's a lot of mechs xD. Do you have plans to take over the world? Can you keep up with the maintenance need, or did you disable that?

By the way, do you have RIMMSqol installed? That could explain why you can't mount turrets. You can fix it by going to the mod options and add the "recipe radius" to the forbidden patches.

I'll look into the MISC Robots issue.

rawrfisher

Ok I'll do that Roolo.  No I just deploy the mechs when I cant be bothered to fight a raid or if I have no one able to fight.
Maintenance decay is set at half and I set the min maintance to 50% on all mechs which is time consuming but easy to do
I did notice one thing that irks me a bit reguarding weapon regen.  If the mech is killed and revived using dev console it changes its weapon to one of the other options for the mech.  Sometimes I do that if the mech just gets 1 shot.
Take your time its just a minor issue

-_- Never actually looked at the RIMMSQOL settings gonna take me forever to find the right one

Edit: Greetings from the wacky world of horrors that is my rimworld games

Professional jerk

damienm

Robot with module wont sow/harvest crops from VGP , i did try placing it above and below the load order.it does however work with the crop from Combat extended. Anything i can do to fix it
?

rawrfisher

I know there was some issues involving combat extended but roolo would have to explain that stuff.  As for the crops thing I can try to replicate it myself.  I do not use combat extended but I do use vegetable garden

May I ask which plants you are trying to grow?  I know theres a minimum plants skill and I think that blastweed or w/e its called dont have a plants level requirement.

Edit:  Aside from them being slower then molasses on sea ice in an arctic worlds pole I was able to get them to sow the barley from VG.
It appears they can only sow plants with a requierment of 4 or lower. 
Professional jerk

damienm

Quote from: rawrfisher on May 26, 2019, 09:45:41 PM
I know there was some issues involving combat extended but roolo would have to explain that stuff.  As for the crops thing I can try to replicate it myself.  I do not use combat extended but I do use vegetable garden

May I ask which plants you are trying to grow?  I know theres a minimum plants skill and I think that blastweed or w/e its called dont have a plants level requirement.

Edit:  Aside from them being slower then molasses on sea ice in an arctic worlds pole I was able to get them to sow the barley from VG.
It appears they can only sow plants with a requierment of 4 or lower.
tested this too and you're right seems they can sow the others too that have no mentioned requirement tobacoo,agave,barley . so yes it seems they skill is too low to sow them .this seems to apply to vanilla too for eg they cant do heal root. so this is probably as intended  with the skill level

rawrfisher

Yea Its kinda lame that they cant sow any higher end crops but its probably for balancing.  Would love to make those annoying rocket dogs cut stone blocks tho <,<
Professional jerk

damienm

Quote from: rawrfisher on May 26, 2019, 11:30:04 PM
Yea Its kinda lame that they cant sow any higher end crops but its probably for balancing.  Would love to make those annoying rocket dogs cut stone blocks tho <,<
they  seem to be able to harvest all crops though, probably botch most tho sadly . u can probs edit the skill level in the files
found a def with a growing skill entry at WhatTheHack-1.2.5\Defs\HediffDefs\Hediffs.xml does not seem to effect it tho

Roolo

Quote from: damienm on May 27, 2019, 01:04:28 AM
they  seem to be able to harvest all crops though, probably botch most tho sadly . u can probs edit the skill level in the files
found a def with a growing skill entry at WhatTheHack-1.2.5\Defs\HediffDefs\Hediffs.xml does not seem to effect it tho

That xml does affect it, but the skill level is set when the module is installed. You could try uninstalling the module and re-installing it after changing the xml, not sure that'll work though. At least the skill will be higher for any future growing modules you install.

It makes sense that they can harvest any plant with a low skill level as normal colonists capable of growing can also harvest any plant regardless of skill level. Only planting requires skill.

I've indeed set the skill to 4 for balancing purposes.

damienm

Quote from: Roolo on May 27, 2019, 07:16:23 AM
Quote from: damienm on May 27, 2019, 01:04:28 AM

That xml does affect it, but the skill level is set when the module is installed. You could try uninstalling the module and re-installing it after changing the xml, not sure that'll work though. At least the skill will be higher for any future growing modules you install.

It makes sense that they can harvest any plant with a low skill level as normal colonists capable of growing can also harvest any plant regardless of skill level. Only planting requires skill.

I've indeed set the skill to 4 for balancing purposes.
reinstall after change works

rawrfisher

Would you be able to add an option where scythers would butcher downed colonists?  I remember a mod that had that and it was painfullly difficult to not lose pawns in mech raids cause of it.
Professional jerk

Canute

Don't forget a teamwork with a Centipede with Inferno launcher to create Grilled steaks ! :-)

rawrfisher

Lol yea

Gonna have fun if if I could remember the name of that mod and if it was updated to 1.0
Edit:
If I was able to I would add ??? above the wolf's head.  Hacked wolf no UI for it

Professional jerk