Harvesting from growing areas

Started by UsF, October 31, 2013, 01:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UsF

I think plants that grow in a growing area should automatically be flagged for harvest to reduce the micromanagement a bit. The farm itself should be click-able, so you could set to harvest/not harvest, which would in turn automatically set a flag on full grown plants or not set it/remove it if already set.

This would make the growing of plants and setting up of a food production more convenient, since I do not think it should require a lot of user input. It might get tedious quickly.

Edit: I think to combat the idea of having too much food/not enough food, rather than making the player balance it, the game should set a hard limit on the amount of resources being able to be stored in a stockpile, so if you want to have more food, you would need to assign more stockpile areas for storage.

Semmy

Quote from: UsF on October 31, 2013, 01:41:31 PM
I think plants that grow in a growing area should automatically be flagged for harvest to reduce the micromanagement a bit. The farm itself should be click-able, so you could set to harvest/not harvest, which would in turn automatically set a flag on full grown plants or not set it/remove it if already set.

This would make the growing of plants and setting up of a food production more convenient, since I do not think it should require a lot of user input. It might get tedious quickly.

Edit: I think to combat the idea of having too much food/not enough food, rather than making the player balance it, the game should set a hard limit on the amount of resources being able to be stored in a stockpile, so if you want to have more food, you would need to assign more stockpile areas for storage.

The plants in your growing area are automaticly harvested by your grower.
It really doesnt take input at all.
I dont know what you are basing it on.
You build a growing area. Your goons with the skill growing start working in it and auto harvest whatever is mature.
I never ever have to click my farms after ive build them.

moved topic to suggestions.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

UsF

I set up a growing area outside and had mature plants, but my colonists were starving. Noone thought about harvesting the plants.

Maybe I overlooked something, I guess I will have to try again. I will check back later, will have to verify this. Could be that I had everyone constructing like mad with noone harvesting, which in turn gave noone the opportunity to fill their belly.

Semmy

Quote from: UsF on October 31, 2013, 02:00:41 PM
I set up a growing area outside and had mature plants, but my colonists were starving. Noone thought about harvesting the plants.

Maybe I overlooked something, I guess I will have to try again. I will check back later, will have to verify this. Could be that I had everyone constructing like mad with noone harvesting, which in turn gave noone the opportunity to fill their belly.

yes if you are running 243 version like i assume for this case
Than construction goes before growing.

Also take into account that if your nutrient dispenser is without power or you dont have it build and all food has been hauled to the stockpile that your colonists grow hungry aswell.
They will eat raw food from the ground but not from the stockpile.
Keep this in mind
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke