How do you get animals to attack in this version

Started by Lightzy, September 08, 2018, 10:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightzy

I had 2 wargs, was attacked, they just milled around their owners  getting shot at.

I marked the option to join owners in combat, I marked the option of 'send to attack' or whatever it's called, I also tried marking ONLY the 'send to attack' option, nothing.

Ser Kitteh

Could you post a screenshot of your wargs, preferably with their training window open?

When/where was your pawn attacked? Were they following him while he was mining or something?

Drewski

In the animals tab, you got your training checkboxes for obedience, release, rescue, and hauling. Then the next two checkboxes are for "follow while working in the field" and "follow while drafted". (Then there's the slaughter checkbox.)

To release animals to attack, you need to have release trained and "follow while drafted" checked, and their master must be drafted. Then when you select the master pawn, you'll have a "release animals" button available to send the wargs a'chomping.

Limdood

Is it possible the wargs were set to a master who was not in combat or not actively attacking?

Obedience means they will attack things attacking (specifically) their master

Release means they will attack (specifically) their master's current target

If the warg's master was further back and not being hit, it wouldn't trigger obedience.  If the master was nonviolent, not in the fight, or melee without currently being assigned to attack someone, it wouldn't trigger release (assuming you hit the release button).

If you want to make use of release and the warg's master is nonviolent, not worth risking in fights, or melee, you can manually swap their master (and swap it back after the fight if the wargs are bonded to the original master)

Drewski

Quote from: Limdood on September 12, 2018, 10:14:03 AMRelease means they will attack (specifically) their master's current target

No, a released animal will attack any enemy it can see. You can test this (as I just did) by spawning a pacifist and another pawn in dev mode, along with a release animal set with the pacifist as master. Trigger a one-man raid and hide the pacifist until the enemy attacks the other pawn. Release, and walk the pacifist over until the animal can see the enemy. It will attack.