[1.3] [KV] Configurable Maps [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 08, 2018, 11:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

someonedumb

I get these every time I load the game.
Could not find type named ConfigurableMaps.Maker.CMGenStep_Terrain from node <genStep Class="ConfigurableMaps.Maker.CMGenStep_Terrain" />
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ClassTypeOf(XmlNode)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:DefFromNode(XmlNode, LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Exception loading from System.Xml.XmlElement: System.MissingMethodException: Default constructor not found for type Verse.GenStep
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceMono (System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x0007b] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00009] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00027] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x00020] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.ObjectFromXml[T] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, System.Boolean doPostLoad) [0x004e4] in <fcd99b24cbb3485baa8263b0d6197784>:0
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.ObjectFromXmlReflection[T] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, System.Boolean doPostLoad) [0x00000] in <fcd99b24cbb3485baa8263b0d6197784>:0
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.ObjectFromXml[T] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, System.Boolean doPostLoad) [0x008aa] in <fcd99b24cbb3485baa8263b0d6197784>:0
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)

Exception while executing PostLoad on Terrain: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GenStepDef.PostLoad () [0x00006] in <fcd99b24cbb3485baa8263b0d6197784>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00048] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.TryDoPostLoad (System.Object obj) [0x00024] in <fcd99b24cbb3485baa8263b0d6197784>:0
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:TryDoPostLoad(Object)

there are no mod options and I don't think the mod is working for me. I also tried disabling all my other mods and only leaving this mod on but I still get these red lines thrown in my face.

Kiame

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue where "ancient shrines" were spawning as "simple shrines"

Listy

Quote from: Kiame on March 02, 2020, 02:32:55 AM
Looks like in my last change i broke something. Reverted. Here's the download
https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-configurablemaps/releases/download/1.1/ConfigurableMaps.zip

Hi,

I'm trying to install this mod, but somethings not working. This is my first ever mod, so please do not discount PEBKAC errors...

I download the file from the above link, unzip it, and place the folder into the mods folder. I then go to the mods menu in game and enable the mod. The game then states it needs a restart, and reboots. I then get this:

So the obvious question is: What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kiame

Did you clone the repo or download from the release page on github? If the former that's the problem, dl from the release page

Listy

Quote from: Kiame on April 14, 2020, 11:27:10 AM
Did you clone the repo or download from the release page on github? If the former that's the problem, dl from the release page

I clicked the link in the post?

Edit:

Ok I think I worked out what you meant. However, I started a new colony, and when it went to generate the map I get:
https://i.imgur.com/ks5ubbO.png

https://i.imgur.com/ajXjILj.png

Canute

Kiame,
could it be that you forget to add the requirement of Harmony for this mod ?
Without Harmony i got the same error's like Listy, after i add Harmony it works fine.

Listy, you should add Harmony
https://github.com/pardeike/HarmonyRimWorld/releases/tag/v1.0.0.3
and while you are there add hugslib too
https://github.com/UnlimitedHugs/RimworldHugsLib/releases/tag/v7.1.4
Hugslib offer a nice way to share modlist and logfile with the new Share log button or pressing CTRL-F12

Listy

I tried sticking Harmony in, and I still got the same failure when it went to generate the map.

Canute

I tried it myself and don't got any errors.
So i think you maybe installed the mods at the wrong way.
Could you verify the file structure ! It should looks like
Mods
    Modname
          About
          Assemblies
          Defs

Be sure you unziped the archives and don't have double modname folders.

Kiame,
did you checked the mod if it works correct ?
I adjust the mod settings for Shrine and Ruins to High density, start a new map but didn't notice any different to before.

Listy

Quote from: Canute on April 14, 2020, 01:54:14 PM
I tried it myself and don't got any errors.
So i think you maybe installed the mods at the wrong way.
Could you verify the file structure ! It should looks like
Mods
    Modname
          About
          Assemblies
          Defs

Be sure you unziped the archives and don't have double modname folders.

Kiame,
did you checked the mod if it works correct ?
I adjust the mod settings for Shrine and Ruins to High density, start a new map but didn't notice any different to before.

Harmony:

Mods >
   About
   V1.1>
         Assemblies

configurable maps:
Mods >
   About
   Defs
   Languages >
         [Assorted language folders]
   Source>
         Maker
         Properties
         Settings

Canute

Mods is the main folder for all mods.
Inside Mods you find the folder for each mod, in your case Harmony, ConfigurableMaps.
Inside the mod folder you should find the folder About, and some other depend on the mod.
Sometimes it can happen that these About,... are inside another folder, depen how you unzip/installed it, then you need to move it.

Ok, i just update to Rimworld 1.1.2598 to the same version like you. I case something changed with the mod compactibliy, but no errors. So that isn't the problem.

My suggestion, delete anything inside Mods.
Open the Harmony archiv and unzip into Mods, do the same with the configurable maps archiv.
Btw. that should be the default way when you install mods manualy, delete the old mod folder first before your copy/unzip the new one, so you don't have old files left.

Listy

Ok I've sort of got it working.

The problem seems to be I was downloading from github front page, not from the 1.1 link on the original post of this thread. I originally tried that, but didn't have Harmony, so it failed to work.

Next trouble is, the mod doesn't seem to be working? This is with the slider for runs set to maximum (but not random, note):
https://i.imgur.com/oZupULp.png

https://i.imgur.com/mqZfsV7.png

Shouldn't there be more Ruins than this?

Canute

That is what i notice too, we need to wait for Kiame the mod author to check it.

Since you are new to mods.
Many mod author got their own way to distribute mods.
At github/gitlab check first the release tab if there are a release. If not try the master (the front page).
A few modder put all their mods into the master, then you need to seperate them self to use them.
Even when you don't use steam, with a download tool like
http://steamworkshop.download/
you can download workshop mods and use them.

KharmaScribbles

QuoteThe mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

This is actually incorrect since the last Harmony update or so..

Harmony is a separate download which is mandatory.. Here is the Steam Workshop link but I'm unsure where to download a DRM-Free version https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2009463077

Just trying to help correct the mod description ;)

Kiame