Strangers eating colonist's food

Started by vagineer1, July 04, 2014, 05:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

Has anyone else had this happen? Strangers come into your colony and eat your meals even if they are forbidden?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Jones-250

Nope. Have you kept your food outdoors? Those soddin' wanderers don't dare to come inside your houses, as they do not know how to open doors. (Perhaps because they do not have the key. (Alpha 5))
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

vagineer1

Quote from: Jones-250 on July 04, 2014, 06:01:20 AM
Nope. Have you kept your food outdoors? Those soddin' wanderers don't dare to come inside your houses, as they do not know how to open doors. (Perhaps because they do not have the key. (Alpha 5))

It is usually kept outside for the first couple of days whilst I'm setting up a basic room. After that I build a room around the stockpile. (Which is usually connected to the basic room)

But they went right into my stockpile room, grabbed a meal, went into my main room, sat down and ate the meals. I just checked them and they did not have keys yet they came right into my base ate (Stole) some of my food.
You see this tank?

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

vagineer1

Quote from: Tynan on July 04, 2014, 09:26:00 AM
You gotta be hospitable! :D

They didn't even pay for it Ty! If they asked "Can we have some food for the trip please? We can pay you in silver?" then I would say yes.
You see this tank?

johnakers

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 04, 2014, 05:50:46 AM
Has anyone else had this happen? Strangers come into your colony and eat your meals even if they are forbidden?

Forget those strangers, it's them squirrels you need to worry about!  At least the squirrels provide meat...  Well, strangers provide meat as well.  Problem solved!

RMJ

This is pretty normal and realistic. there isnt a week where i dont come home and someone has eaten some of my food.

Well its mostly mice, but still :P

IWannaChaos

A tribal guy ate one of my colonists' stored meals once. I drafted some people and had them open fire but he got away :(

Beanie

Quote from: Tynan on July 04, 2014, 09:26:00 AM
You gotta be hospitable! :D

This.

I prefer to be nice to visitors. You never know when they'll help you out in a fight.

AlyxMS

Yep. I usually make the room that links to the outside the dining hall.
I have a stockpile of food with table and chairs there.

Everytime strangers came for a visit, they'll eat all my food.
Good thing is I sell potatoes as the major source of income.
Still it kinda sucks because they had all my food and the relationship didn't raise for a single digit.

Gamejunkey

I just played my first game yesterday, and they ate my food as well. Heh, I thought that was normal. One of the visitors also went inside my prison while it was occupied, and gunned down my prisoner. That was not cool. This was with wood doors though. Maybe the powered ones will keep them out.

Untrustedlife

So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Bamono

It happend once to me.. I was people from visiting colony. It was few of them and they just took my food from stockpile and start eating!

Nibiru1221

Yes.. this has happened to me several times. I'm not even allied with these people and they walk into my base and into the room I keep my prepared meals, then grab some and walk to my table and eat my food right in front of me.. How Rude!!

Finally I had enough so I opened fire on them and killed every last one of those food thieves.

After thoughts: I now have more food but also a new enemy.  :o