Pawns feeding best meals to sick chickens.

Started by ArguedPiano, September 09, 2018, 12:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArguedPiano

Half of my hoard of chickens got sick and were unable to move. My pawns are now feeding them my meals. I've got lots of vegetables and kay in the freezer, can I tell my pawns to use those insead?
The meat in meals they're eating is expensive.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

5thHorseman

One of the many reasons chickens aren't worth it. I personally slaughter them when they're sick when I bother to keep them at all. When I do keep them, I have a strict grass-only policy. If for any reason they need to eat anything but the grass that just grows on the ground by itself, they're not worth it and they become food.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

RawCode

current implementation of farm animals is waste of time and require absurd amount of micro to handle properly.

also animals eat too much and logic related to feeding them is joke, especially when colonists feed entire lavish meal to day old chick.

Yoshida Keiji

The whole RW Community has been talking about this for a full year now:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36098.0

I was hoping this would make it into B19 but it didn't, which is very odd considering the latest build was all about Quality of Life "upgrades" (of sorts).

I rarely employ animals in my games but even then, it is extremely awkward that pets lose the bond to their masters. I have never seen anything like that in real life either.

Hans Lemurson

Chickens used to be so food efficient you could keep them fed on eggs and chicken meat.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

vzoxz0

One of the primary features that has been requested for at least three versions is the ability to have a "food policy", as rationing is one of the most important aspects of survival.

ArguedPiano

so best option right now is to kill sick chickens immediately..
Rip to the ones with the flu but they've already eaten way too many meals to be worth it.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.