Readability of the new metal graphic

Started by Col_Jessep, July 04, 2014, 05:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_Jessep

I like the new metal graphic (because it is close to realistic) but it's really hard to see against some backgrounds. It's a tad too dark and could use a bit more contrast. Maybe something along those lines:

The distinctive orange-red rust color gives it a nice hue distance to dirt, you can have a couple of silver highlights...

What do you think?

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Tynan

I was concerned that that orange-ish color was almost identical to the wood, and didn't match any of the gray structures made of the material.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Col_Jessep

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

LZPanzer

you cold add a greenish hue. that would distinguish it from the background. Like copper oxide does in real life.

i know its cleche but silver as it stands is sometimes really hard to differentiate from normal rock debris, gold might be better, as the only metal elements on the periodic table that are not silver in a pure state are copper and gold. who would want to trade a commodity in an unrefined state.

Garen

Quote from: Tynan on July 04, 2014, 09:19:14 PM
I was concerned that that orange-ish color was almost identical to the wood, and didn't match any of the gray structures made of the material.

maybe give it an orange hue, since the marks shown when you find metal embedded in the grey rock is orange?