A Multiplayer Idea?

Started by TheNinjabun, July 04, 2014, 11:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNinjabun

Hey guys,
I was thinking about this the other day and I thought, a way to do the multiplayer system could be like this;

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

You choose whether you want your world open to anyone (could be at anytime in game).

If you do open your world up, the faction list could change from npc villages to other players who have also opened their world up.
Which could then be used to see who you want to side with and who will be your enemy.

This could also mean the comms console would still be used as a trades thing but also be able to set up a trade agreement with other players.

The worlds would only be open and available if the player has opened it up and online. So when they're offline, people can't raid them.

You could host your own server and play it with mates like a co-op thing, but each player gets 2 colonists each.

If you wanted to play with your mates but have mods involved, you'll most likely have to disable them until multiplayer mod support is available..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think?
If there are any other ideas, post them below.
I would love to see them!

TheNinjaBun  ;)

CDR-RAGE

great idea, its a lot like mine :P
i would really love actually being able to visit others and stuff and have them attack to