For All The Anime Lovers

Started by TheNinjabun, July 05, 2014, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Fupa

The first 20 episodes of bleach sword art online and spice and wolf though some people like it and some people dont

Cpt.Fupa

Also the wierdest yet most halarious one i saw was highschool dxd.

Justin C

Everyone knows Pokemon is the best anime ever.

TheXIIILightning

Tokyo Ghoul is incredibly good, I definitely recommend it. ^^

vagineer1

I also enjoy the second season of SAO. I created a Crunchyroll account just for it.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

BetaSpectre

Watch RWBY

Its not anime, but a webtoon still it got 1st place on Crunchy Roll last year.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Merry76

So many I cant count. Although I seem to have a non mainstream taste, judging from what was mentioned here. Or just... different.

I enjoyed
Saishuu-Heiki Kanojo (thats an outright depressing one - dont watch if you dont like depressing stuff)
Bokurano (Its like Neo Genesis Evangelion, but NGE does look like Carebears compared to it)
Trigun (Fun thing that has a severe case of Cerebus Syndrome)
Full Metal Panic (For the slapstick and the explosions. The mecha where a bit weak though)
Hellsing (There are two of them, I have only seen one yet... The one with the zombie nazis is still on my long list)
Rozen Maiden (Desu)
Vandread (Space stuff goes boom, Guy gets a harem and has no clue what to do with it because they forgot what sex was... its a long story)
Ah! My Goddess (Because of Belldandy)
Seto No Hanayome (Easily the best slapstick romantic comedy I have ever watched)
Nagasarete Airantou (Also slapsticky, but not (really) romantic. Also a huge harem he doesnt know what to do with)
Ranma 1/2 (Why has no one posted this one?)
Utawarerumono (Not a lot of people like this one. I do however. Its a strange one)

... cant remember many more. I usually tend to read the mangas instead of watching the anime. Animes often botch up the story, so the mangas (and to a certain extent the visual novels, if you can stomach them) treat the stories better. In a few cases the Animes are better than the manges (see Seto No Hanayome - the Manga is a horrible almost alway unfunny mess with a very chopped up flow. The Anime is hilariously well done).

Also quite a few that where already mentioned. No reason to go all "me too" here ;)

Somz

FT is kinda...meh...nope. =|

I really liked Cowboy Bebop,
Trigun,
Darker Than Black,
Steins;Gate,
Elfen Lied (brutal, not exactly recommended),
Jormungand,
Mushishi, (episodic, most people find it "boring" for its slower pace)
Mononoke, (also kinda brutal on a whole different level)
SAO too, at least the first part,
Last Exile,
I've started watching One Piece 10 years ago, not feeling like stopping now, besides, it's my only once-in-a-week mind-flay,
Full Metal Alchemist (don't remember which one, maybe both) was good as well,
Angel Beats was kinda...not bad, even though it made absolutely no sense at all. None. Won't start a discussion about it, if you know what I mean it's good for you, if you don't, pay more attention next time.
Also there's Ghost in The Shell,
Psycho Pass,
Space Brothers was enjoyable as well,
and that's pretty much I could come up with now.
Most of these worth a shot in my opinion.

E.: I've remembered one I shouldn't have forgotten, Great Teacher Onizuka -one about a..."mentally handicapped" ex-gangster hated by most, getting the worst class of delinquents -it's a comedy.
Of course it's an anime, so it's sometimes so deep you'll need a ladder to get out of it, but I for one fell off my chair quite a few times laughing. I would strongly recommend it.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Cpt.Fupa

Anime makes me depressed in 2 ways, 1 i finish one, and 2, i havent watched them all.
Anyone else feel that way?

vagineer1

Quote from: skyalert32 on September 10, 2014, 09:08:17 PM
Anime makes me depressed in 2 ways, 1 i finish one, and 2, i havent watched them all.
Anyone else feel that way?

Same here. When Cowboy Bebop ended I actually cried a little. Then punched a wall because it only had one goddamn season. Something relatively similar happened with Soul Eater, I was disappointed that it ended.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Merry76

Quote from: vagineer1 on September 11, 2014, 04:04:15 AM
Same here. When Cowboy Bebop ended I actually cried a little. Then punched a wall because it only had one goddamn season. Something relatively similar happened with Soul Eater, I was disappointed that it ended.

Well, Soul Eater did have a ridiculous stupid ending. I was disappointed in two ways: how it ended (the baddest thing in the world ended because of emo feelings? Come on now! That thing even temporarily KO'ed Death himself!), and that it did. Some Gecko Ending, right there.

But I get that a lot: sometimes I stop watching an anime because I dont want it to end. Halfway or tree quarters through. On the other hand, the things that simply dont want to end, or drag on foreeeeeeever are no fun at all. Bleach comes to mind. That piece of garbage just throws new characters at you all the time, and cant finish an arc anywhere near my normal attention span. So it has to be a middle ground, I guess. Even if I dont want a good thing to end, it has to. But at least make it a good ending (sad endings can be good too. Bokurano has a good one, and so does Saikano. Good ending, but sad as fuck).