AI Persona Core?

Started by Breten4, July 06, 2014, 02:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breten4

Where do I get he AI persona core from? I can't build it.

wild alaskan

a ship part thats supposed to crash land at some point

Col_Jessep

I got a ship part crashing near my base shortly after I placed the structure that requires the AI core. Just grab your dudes and have them force-fire on the ship part.

Note: Don't send a single colonist, bring all your fighters.

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Kewe

Hmmm i am now at day 170 and the ship still didnt crash. Besides i have everything build beside the ai core but do you guys know if the ship needs to have a specific form or if the different parts have to connect in a special way?

hunter2012

Blasting charges are helpful to as the wreckage size is large enough that several can be placed around it and can weaken the !fun! in side

Avis

Quote from: Kewe on July 06, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
Hmmm i am now at day 170 and the ship still didnt crash. Besides i have everything build beside the ai core but do you guys know if the ship needs to have a specific form or if the different parts have to connect in a special way?

making a thread on that right now.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

SemMaxim

HalfBrother

Like 20 centipedes and another 20 scythes pop out the moment I shot it.

No survivors...

Klaatu

I've gotten used to those ships crashes. You have enough time before your colonists go psycho to build some defense *around* the crashed AI.

I like surrounding it with stone walls, and giving my fighters killing nooks to shoot it from, and the ability to lure or trap the spawned mechanoids in a maze.

You don't have to fight it head on with no preperation.

Alternatively, contain it with multiple rings of stone walls spaced out, and try to snipe it with mortars. The crashed AI will die in one explosive blow if you're lucky enough to hit it, or shoot enough mortars at it. The mechanoid spawn is programmed to stay with the AI Core's original position, and won't leave / be lured away far, so you don't have to worry about them if you manage to draw their fire in one direction, and steal the core away with a sneaky colonist.

Of course if you've managed to mortar the crashed ship, the psychic penalty to morale is gone too, and you have time to weaken the spawn group with your own mortar at your leisure (or until another scripted event comes along).

Halinder

Alternatively, trigger the core and then run the hell away. Mortar only the core and not the things that come out of it. Congratulations, you've just traded a part of the map for free raid protection.

Kratos1994

Hi! I have a problem too. I have over 300 days and nothing is happening can't build that Al Core. Not even a ship. Can you help me please?

Shinzy

Quote from: Kratos1994 on August 26, 2014, 07:18:24 PM
Hi! I have a problem too. I have over 300 days and nothing is happening can't build that Al Core. Not even a ship. Can you help me please?
If you're *completely* fed up with waiting the dev mode is an option
you could spawn in the event

(Options -> Dev mode -> Gear looking icon on top -> Incidents..)

Or just forget about the ship and see how long you can survive =P

Raufgar

Quote from: Kratos1994 on August 26, 2014, 07:18:24 PM

There is a current distinct difference between Storytellers on when they will trigger the Ancient Ship Part event. If you are playing Phoebe Basebuilder, frankly speaking you might as well dev-trigger it since she will likely not give trigger that event no matter how long you wait.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Bodog999

Got 5 crashed ships in 2.5 years :/ firstly a centipede came out then 3 centepedes and 3 sythers the last one......wel 20 scythers and 30 centepides :/ killed em all :D
My usage of the AI Persona Cores -> Building MAIs

Raufgar

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 27, 2014, 04:04:37 PM
Got 5 crashed ships in 2.5 years :/ firstly a centipede came out then 3 centepedes and 3 sythers the last one......wel 20 scythers and 30 centepides :/ killed em all :D
My usage of the AI Persona Cores -> Building MAIs

Lol, I do that too!
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.