Suggestion: Gun Modifications

Started by Corogl, July 06, 2014, 09:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corogl

Hello guys! This is just an idea I had when I was watching the A5 update video. I was thinking an interesting idea would be to have gun modifications, that you first half to research and then craft, such as scopes, bullets, etc. For example, scopes increase your range or bullets increase damage or stun chance.

Even if this isn't implemented into the actual game, I think it would be a cool community mod.

kirasaw

it would get annoying to have to "equip" all of these different weapons mods to each colonist. it could be more user friendly to just research the weapon to get a buff to all of your colony.

perci2112

i agree with the gun mod idea;
Scopes improve accuracy at longer ranges.
Armour piercing rounds do more damage against armoured enemies.
Frag rounds (shotgun) deal lots of damage to cover and enemies at close range.
Extended barrel reduces bullet spread on rifles and pistols.

Raiders have a slight chance of having a weapon with a mod on it (5-10%) when they spawn, traded weapons have 5-15% chance of having a mod equipped

BetaSpectre

If you care to micro then why not right?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

milon

I don't think it would be too hard.  You already have to equip a firearm to them.  Why not an appropriate weapon upgrade?

NephilimNexus

Quote from: perci2112 on July 09, 2014, 03:05:53 AMScopes improve accuracy at longer ranges.
Armour piercing rounds do more damage against armoured enemies.
Frag rounds (shotgun) deal lots of damage to cover and enemies at close range.
Extended barrel reduces bullet spread on rifles and pistols.

Raiders have a slight chance of having a weapon with a mod on it (5-10%) when they spawn, traded weapons have 5-15% chance of having a mod equipped

Offset:
Scopes take longer to fire (more time spent aiming)
Armor piercing does less overall damage (bullet passes through without mushrooming inside)
Frag rounds do even less damage to armor than regular (that's what armor is meant for, after all)
Extended barrels have a minimum range of 3 (too awkward to use at point blank)

Most of this taken from playing Jagged Alliance, btw.