Trade caravan animals eat my food

Started by sailorjim, September 10, 2018, 08:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailorjim

Posting this here, even though it sounds like a bug to me, but working in SW development taught me enough to consider it might as well be a feature ;) And technically, I am using a mod, which I don't believe could have anything to do with what I observed.

So I started B19 save on the ice sheet with single naked colonist (with Prepare Carefully, to get some extra points in several areas, as well as cannibal trait). Took me a couple of tries but finally with some luck I got through the first several days without starving to death (thanks, tribes people, for passing by, killing the polar bear and losing one of your dudes I turned for meals). Next big event was a trade caravan, which had some more food I could trade for. At that point I thought long term story is bound to happen.

And then the animals (muffalo) entered my food storage and started consuming my food. So I forbid the door, but that didn't help - they walked right through it. Every single animal from the caravan took a bite. I was saved by a transport pod crash, and observed the same behavior with the next caravan.

So is seems like traders eat their own food at my table, but animals will eat food right from freezer, despite door being forbid. I think there should be a way to prevent it, but I couldn't find any.

What say you? Bug or a feature?

Zombull

Yoshida Keiji

Nor bug nor feature. It is a dev team screw up that exists from long ago, I already reported this before.