Restore Options

Started by TiberianSun371AlexW, September 10, 2018, 09:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiberianSun371AlexW

Please restore some game options available in older version of Rimworld.

Previously there was a "some challenge" difficulty setting which has been removed. This either means that all the harder settings were made easier, or more likely that the distance from easiest to hardest is still the same but some fine-tuning has been removed.

More importantly, please allow the option for the old sizes of Rimworld maps. I miss my 350 by 350 map and the beautiful stuff I could do there. OK, the pawn AI kind of did some stupid things ("There is a table just three rooms over Mei!") and I sometimes resorted to manually assigning priorities to improve behavior. But the bases were pretty and there was still elbow room outside the base for nature.

I am not expecting Ludeon to actually design the AI to work efficiently over larger distances. AI is hard work. But could players at least have the option to be on a 350 by 350 map? The AI would still be optimized to standard sizes, so giving us back that option shouldn't be much development work.

Serenity

You can enable huge map sizes in the options

The highest difficulty setting "merciless mode" has also been hidden behind a button