[1.3] [KV] Faction Control [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 10, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

"Faction Control" provides you with a number of configuration options that you can use to tailor which and how many faction groups and faction bases show up on your map. Simply visit "Mod Settings" from the game's "Options" menu.

Options:
Disable Faction Limits
Enabling this setting will prevent the Create World menu from adding more than 11 factions to a world.

Override Faction Max Count
Force modded factions that do not specify "maxConfigurableAtWorldCreation" to show up in the base game's Create World Faction Count tab.
It's on by default. If anyone runs into issues with this setting please disable it in settings and restart the game.

Population Override
If the Min/Max values are changed, this will greatly override the "Population" slider on the Create World page.

Tile Distance Between Faction Groups
Specify either/both the Minimum/Maximum distances that faction groups can spawn from each other.

This is an advanced option and can easily prevent faction groups from spawning on the map and will take many tries to get the values to work. Leave it disabled to keep base game behavior.

Faction Base Density
Allows Factions' settlement to be closer together. If "Off", the base game's logic is used. If "On", the settlements will be closer together the more "Crowded" the slider bar is moved to the left.

Steam

Direct Download:

B19

GitHub

Credits:

Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf) - original creator

Designer225 for improving map generation and allowing this mod's settings to apply to new settlements after world generation.

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Japanese language translation files were provided by Proxyer.

Kiame

Update:
Adding Custom / Modded facitons back in
Added options to adjust Civil / Rough Outlanders and Traders

Faction options will have to be set again due to these changes

rimclash

installing this makes every faction hostile to me.

utotuto

Quote from: Kiame on September 10, 2018, 07:08:16 PM
There issue with modded faction "Blue Moon Corp." from Sparkling Worlds they spawning more then one base. Which they shouldn't. Im asking in mod discord.
QuoteAlbionToday at 11:46 PM
It's an issue with the Faction control mod. Blue Moon should trechnically never be created more than once at gamestart

https://i.imgur.com/l2r12cT.png

Quote from: rimclash on September 11, 2018, 06:46:01 AM
installing this makes every faction hostile to me.
I don't have that problem.

:-\ i wish forum have hide or spoiler tag.

Kiame

Facton control will override min/max values based on the user's settings. Play around with the frequency in the Modded Factions mod options

utotuto

Quote from: Kiame on September 11, 2018, 12:05:45 PM
Play around with the frequency in the Modded Factions mod options
Sorry im something don't understand or missing? frequency?

Edit: Ive found <frequency>60</frequency> in xml file.

After changing frequency manually in xml to 1 gui is appear. What kinda magic is that?

Kiame

Heh let me take a look at that. I'm still learning all the code myself  :)

Griphaha

I like this MOD and wish it was properly maintained.  2 problems I seen right from the start.  It's not properly updated for B19 because it uses the old style relations. Also, all the factions that are the same type have the same color. 

dburgdorf

Quote from: rimclash on September 11, 2018, 06:46:01 AMinstalling this makes every faction hostile to me.

No, it doesn't. But the factions don't necessarily all like you, either.

A faction can be unfriendly *without* being hostile. A faction with a rating of -5 doesn't like you, but it is a *lot* closer to liking you than it is to declaring war on you.

In vanilla, factions start out either liking you or being openly hostile, which frankly makes no sense. With this mod, factions can start out anywhere along the spectrum. If I recall correctly, you should always have at least one faction that likes you, though it's entirely possible to start the game with most factions not liking you. But the actual percentage of *hostile* factions is the same whether you're using the mod or not.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

rimclash

Nope, all of them are -75 to -100 "hostile"

Kiame

The base game changed with b19. Civil outlanders and tribes will be friendly and rough will be hostile. I've taken the code that randomizes the civility of the different factions for now as it was causing too many factions to be hostile. I'll take another pass at that code in the next day or two

Kiame

Update:
Added some randomness to Tribal and Outlander goodwill toward the player.
Gental settlements will still prefer to be neutral but have a chance to be hostile
Rough settlements will still prefer to be hostile but have a chance to be neutral

rawrfisher

I see something weird :P

Note this is not supposed to happen lol

[attachment deleted due to age]
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

...yeah there's something not working quite right with modded factions

Kiame

Update:
Found a bug in my code with Modded Factions. The number of settlements should be much better now