[1.3] [KV] Faction Control [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 10, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Update:
- Re-added tooltips to the checkboxes
- Default settings now match the base game's settlements
- "Reset" buttons have been added to each faction as well as the entire mod
- "Boost Settlement Count" button has been added for each faction. Enable this for one or more factions for a much more populated RimWorld
- Found a problem in my calculations that was causing the number of settlements per faction type to be set and all factions of that type would get settlements from that pool. With this update each faction will get its own pool of settlements independently.
- Did some other cleanup as well

CyberianK

Great mod, small questions:

What happens if you disable the Empire faction?

Does disabling Mechanoid faction also disable Mechanoid raid events and mechanoid clusters?

Background: I want to start a Tribal/Medieval game (using Early Times, a Medieval Times Fork) that replaces as many futuristic factions with medieval ones as possible. Not sure though if I miss out on too many events so maybe I keep Mecha+Empire in.

Kiame

I don't know what happens if you disable all empire factions TBH.

Disabling mechoids in the mod will prevent mech ground invasions

Consider using In-Game def editor to truly disable defs that are not tribal/midevil - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46983.0

Kiame

Update:
- Added an option to toggle whether Per-Faction settings will be displayed. When disabled, there is one Density and one Settlement Count slider that will apply to all Factions. When enabled, there will be one Density and one Settlement Count slider for each faction. Defaults to disabled.
- Fixing an issue where one settlement for each faction would be far away from the others for tighter densities

Kiame

Update:
I've rolled the changed back to prior to my big attempt at per-faction settings.

Sorry for the inconvenience to anyone who tried out my previous released. The current good release is ModSync verison 1.1.2.0

akiceabear

Is it possible for this mod to disable raids by factions with tech level above mine? Until I tech up, and then they'll come?

Kiame

Quote from: akiceabear on May 10, 2020, 03:06:34 PM
Is it possible for this mod to disable raids by factions with tech level above mine? Until I tech up, and then they'll come?

That'd be on the storyteller side of things

Kiame

Hopefully fixing an issue that was causing incompatibility with Faction Discovery.

Thanks OrionFive for finding the problem.

Kiame

Kiame

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue with "relations change over time" being set to off was not working

Kiame

Update: 1.2.0.3
Fixed a second way which faction goodwill can change over time

Kiame

Updated for 1.3 - Direct Download

This is a major re-write of this mod and might have a bug or two.

Currently "Disable Faction Limits" is turned off. I will hopefully have that ready tomorrow evening.

Kiame

Update: 1.3.0.1
"Disable Faction Limits" is now enabled and can be used when creating new worlds.

Kiame

Update: 1.3.0.2
Fixing an issue where each settlement of each group of a faction would all spawn together