Poison strawberries?

Started by twoski, September 11, 2018, 01:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoski

Wild berries that grow on bushes are "high risk". Which means they can sometimes be poisonous and cause sickness.

The strawberries you can grow in designated grow zones are also just considered generic wild berries when harvested. They can also poison pawns. I dunno about you guys but i've never had a strawberry that was poisonous before.

Is this a bug? Did they forget to rename strawberries to something more appropriate?

Limdood

it's not poisonous berries...it's food poisoning.  That could be from contaminated food.  pest infestations in crops, crops tainted by animal droppings...lots of different ways to get food poisoning from uncooked or unprocessed foods.

twoski

From the looks of it, strawberry plants yield the same berries that the wild berry bushes have though.

5thHorseman

They have the same stats so the game groups them.

One of those stats is the chance that some animal pooped on them and you ate it and got food poisoning.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

zgrssd

Quote from: twoski on September 11, 2018, 01:16:39 AM
Wild berries that grow on bushes are "high risk". Which means they can sometimes be poisonous and cause sickness.

The strawberries you can grow in designated grow zones are also just considered generic wild berries when harvested. They can also poison pawns. I dunno about you guys but i've never had a strawberry that was poisonous before.

Is this a bug? Did they forget to rename strawberries to something more appropriate?
Because the manufacturer filtered those bereries out, while making it into a "simple meal" you can buy at the supermarket.
Maybe we could add a very quick "wash berries" recipe, that creates "washed berries" that lack the danger?

Of course berries are supposed to be a bit of a tradeoff. You can eat them without the "Raw Food" penalty. It has the nutrition granularity of Pemican, so there is little waste. But in turn you also risk Food Poisioning because you could not afford making them into proper meals.